Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Cohazard

Pics of Goldfish at your LFS

I took a couple pics of goldfish at one of the local fish stores i go to and thought it would be cool if we all post pics of what we see at gish stores we visit.

Here is CK Aquarium. A traditional old school fish store that used to be the best place for goldfush in the San Gabriel Valley. They still have nice fish, but prices have gone way up, and i dont see the diversity i saw a few years back.

These are the medium ranchus, butterflys, orandas and ryukins. I see some chus I really want :D

$69 each, or two for $100!!!!

2012-05-12_17-46-59_492.jpg

Here is a shot of their koi pond.

2012-05-12_17-47-10_969.jpg

I will get some more pics soon :)

Edited by Serg

wow, that's a great selection :)

They do, i will go back and get pics of the jumbo orandas next time. Theyre getting low on stock so hopefully will see some new golds soon :)

$69!!!! My mom would give me her "money" lectures if i asked for one of those fishies!!!!

Aaagghh why can't there be a LFS like that around here? :tantrum I would gladly pay $69 for a nice chu if I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping!

WOW. Thats Goldfish Heaven.... Heaven I tell you.... :pond

I'm going back to Green Thumbs with my sister on Wednesday, and we'll do a comprehensive multimedia of their koi and goldfish. It's amazing, although since the goldfish stock is nearly gone, it won't be as impressive :)

Oh boy. I had a photo project back in February where I needed shots of fishtanks,so I have a butt-ton of photos from LFS's....I'll have to go through them later and pick out the best ones. Many will be in B+W,though.

your LFS is better than mine... my LFS doesn't seem to really care for coldwater fish, they usually have poor quality stock or ill goldies, but the marines and tropicals are always in much better conditions. my LPS has a fish section, which incidentally is where all my goldies came from, and they're surprisingly better than the LFS in terms of goldfish! not much better, mind, just slightly better.

I've never been in a fish store that looks anything like that. Nothing that is worth my while to take pictures of. Most stores here have maybe 2 tanks of goldfish and that's it. The biggest selection is at Petsmart and if you've seen one of those, you've seen them all.

I'm going back to Green Thumbs with my sister on Wednesday, and we'll do a comprehensive multimedia of their koi and goldfish. It's amazing, although since the goldfish stock is nearly gone, it won't be as impressive :)

Cool, looking forward to the pics, sounds like a cool place.

Oh boy. I had a photo project back in February where I needed shots of fishtanks,so I have a butt-ton of photos from LFS's....I'll have to go through them later and pick out the best ones. Many will be in B+W,though.

Sweet, what kind of camera do you shoot with?

your LFS is better than mine... my LFS doesn't seem to really care for coldwater fish, they usually have poor quality stock or ill goldies, but the marines and tropicals are always in much better conditions. my LPS has a fish section, which incidentally is where all my goldies came from, and they're surprisingly better than the LFS in terms of goldfish! not much better, mind, just slightly better.

I'll be sharing pics from all lfs i come across from goldfish heaven to an lfs with just feeders lol

I've never been in a fish store that looks anything like that. Nothing that is worth my while to take pictures of. Most stores here have maybe 2 tanks of goldfish and that's it. The biggest selection is at Petsmart and if you've seen one of those, you've seen them all.

True, it would still be nice to see whats out there. Especually when you see one you cant bring home but wish you could.

Yes I am a goldfish addict and like to drool over goldfish pics lol

Edited by Serg

Here is a jumbo ryu selling for 29 at an lfs called Azusa Pets

I really liked its long tail. There was a big oranda in there too.

2012-05-13_17-32-09_541.jpg

Edited by Serg

Wow it looks great! If I was going to post pictures of the tanks at my LPS, I think we'd have to transfer my post in the horror stories section ... :huh:

haha that's true for me too, there were a few sick telescopes, can't see them in the pic. Some with deformed eyes too.

Sadly, can't bring them all home. :(

Sweet, what kind of camera do you shoot with?

Some were shot with my dad's old Mamiya NC 1000, and some with my mom's Canon PowerShot. Hopefully I'll be able to get a better camera of my own soon-ish.

Here's what the goldfish section of my lps looks like...

IMG-20120514-00384.jpg

IMG-20120514-00385.jpg

This fantail was bigger than it actually looks

IMG-20120514-00386.jpg

IMG-20120514-00387.jpg

IMG-20120514-00388.jpg

Kois and ``Hoe Kim`` goldfish

IMG-20120514-00389.jpg

Black ranchus with cloudy eyes :S

IMG-20120514-00391.jpg

``Hospital`` tank

IMG-20120514-00392.jpg

The feeders ... :(

My les has about 6 goldfish, none look good and none are bigger than 2 inches. :( probably lucky they don't have awesome fish or I'd have more than two tanks;)

OK now for the debbie downer part!!!

Here is my just amazing LFS

This is normal, You know just a bunch of dead fish at the top :(

IMG_7268.jpg

Poor oranda floating on the top, still kicking though :(

IMG_7262.jpg

Theres always a fish clinging to all the filter intakes

IMG_7261.jpg

Went there today to get some supplies and there was a dead oscar at the bottom that had to have been there for at LEAST a few days. I waited around for someone so I could say something (which I rarely do) but no one was around. Blah!!!

-Took these pictures to complain!

Edited by Thea

That is so depressing! I wish fish stores would clean up their act. But I do love this idea of sharing our pics. What do you think of the health of the fish at CK? I have been there before, but saw some sickly fish.

That is so depressing! I wish fish stores would clean up their act. But I do love this idea of sharing our pics. What do you think of the health of the fish at CK? I have been there before, but saw some sickly fish.

They are hit and miss. Some fish are in great health, others next to death.

Thurough qt is a must.

They should be getting in some new fish soon, they just sold out if the 2.99 telescopes and ranchu/lionheads

I love this topic. I have been avoiding my favorite LPS like it had a plague since I cant add any fish in my tank right now(darn cycle bumps). Now I have an excuse to go. I must share the pics with you guys!!

Can I still post here or is it grave digging

I love this common. I need to set up a single tail pond.

IMAG0542-2.jpg

IMAG0541-2.jpg

IMAG0540-2.jpg

This guy was at Walmart.

IMAG0506.jpg

IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0508.jpg

IMAG0544-2.jpgIMAG0543-2.jpg

IMAG0545-2.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Wow I have to avoid my lfs they have panda moors large ryukins and lots of cute chus nice sized orandas ,etc..and the occasional pompom or bubble eye goldfish

My LFS on occasion has panda orandas. I'm gonna have them get me one when I'm done getting my gravel out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Ohhhhh myyyyyy! I love the white Oranda. I saw one at my LFS not too long ago and she was bigger than my hand. HUGE! She was sick and had a huge gash missing out of her wen. She also had a hefty price tag of $100. There was also another oranda in there the same size. Beautiful fish.