Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shukura

Finally! Ranchu!

Lots of piccies!!!

I searched high and low for a clear plastic/glass container with flat sides but couldn't find one so I apologise for the distortion and general bad quality pics. ): Might have to add that to my shopping list.

Currently named Chu1, Chu2, Chu3 and Chu4. Since they're so very very tiny, I'm going to keep them as long as I can survive doing waterchanges on six tanks. XD So! I'm on the hunt for blimp and whale related names. Suggestions very very welcome!

Here's Chu1! S/he's the biggest and is growing a little wen already. He appears very long-bodied coz he's got huge black anal fins. Most certainly my favourite at the moment. :D

chu1.jpg

See how tiny they are!! He's quite cool in that he's got one black eye and one yellow eye.

chu1front.jpg

chu1wen.jpg

chu1top.jpg

chu1side.jpg

Chu2! He's cool coz he has the most adorable tail tuck.

chu2.jpg

chu2side.jpg

chu2tuck.jpg

Chu3! I think he could end up very white?

chu3top.jpg

chu3side.jpg

Chu4! Also a mega cutie.

chu4top.jpg

chu4side.jpg

Here's Chu2 and Chu3 in their tub. They're the smallest two :D

righttub.jpg

And Chu1 and Chu4,

lefttub.jpg

Coz they're all so very different and I want to see how they turn out I hope to keep them long enough to be able to afford a big tank for everyone. We shall see.

I was quite amazed when I let them out, they all started swimming around like they'd lived there forever. No bottom sitting or anything. :D They seem super healthy.

I also took a vdeo of them, but I need to compress it a bit before I can upload it.

Edited by Shukura

Aw. They are too cute! You're going to have so much fun raising them :)

They're adorable! I love how their colours are all similar, they would look great in a tank together.

They're highly likely siblings. To my knowledge they all came from the same mum and dad :D

I prefer my fish to be varied in colour though. XDD

I just tested the water they came in, the ammonia was at 4ppm, maybe even higher DDDDDD: Glad I rushed them into the tanks.

I named them already!

Chu1 is Pilot, Chu2 is Minke, Chu3 is Pod and Chu4 is Sei :D Yes, like whales.

Sorry for the huge amount of posting. It's all a bit exciting.

Yay. Glad they arived safe, and that everything is going well so far. They're adorable. :)

Guest duskesko

OHMYGOD, that is the cutest thing I have EVER seen. They're so adorable.

I wouldn't think a breeder would let his ammonia get so high. >_<

I wouldn't think a breeder would let his ammonia get so high. >_<

Ammonia can build up in the bag during shipping. Fortunately, almost always the bad pH is in the slightly acidic zone, which means none of the ammonia is actually in toxic form. That's why I always just float the bag to equilibrate the temp, and then just quickly open the bag and scoop the fish out and put then in their QT tank. Once you open the bag, oxygen rushes in, displacing the carbon dioxide that's been keep the pH low. This results in a very rapid rise in pH and conversion of unionized ammonia to toxic ammonium.

Ammonia can build up in the bag during shipping. Fortunately, almost always the bad pH is in the slightly acidic zone, which means none of the ammonia is actually in toxic form. That's why I always just float the bag to equilibrate the temp, and then just quickly open the bag and scoop the fish out and put then in their QT tank. Once you open the bag, oxygen rushes in, displacing the carbon dioxide that's been keep the pH low. This results in a very rapid rise in pH and conversion of unionized ammonia to toxic ammonium.

I didn't know that! Very handy to know O:

Have you got any update photos ?

There's some newer pics of one of them in another of my threads somewhere... I don't remember which. But I'm waiting on a stand being built for my new tank and then there'll be lots of photos.

Mostly they've just been losing their black colouring. XD