Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SminiFish

Are These Foods Ok For Goldfish?

Guest SminiFish

Hello,

I was reading that it is good to give your goldfish some variety when feeding them so I went to fish store and found some frozen foods. I was wondering if they would be ok to feed goldfish.

The first one is Sally's frozen brine shrimp made by San Francisco Bay Brand for fish.

The second one is called Emerald Entree, also made by San Francisco Bay Brand. It says it is a complete omnivorous formula for both fresh and salt water fish. Some of the ingredients are artemia franciscana, mysis, krill, plankton, spinich, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, spirulina algae, menhaden oil.....

Would these frozen foods be ok to supplement with the flakes they are fed? Thank you for your help.

yah, they look fine to me..

I basically feed pellets.. the choice of pellets are mostly high protein pellets and also prepare lotsa food for them myself...

I made fruit salad for them (apple dices w banana n oranges n grape), spinach (leaf only), cabbage (leaf only), cooked rice mix with ground oat/wheat and rolled into bite size ball (for starch supplement), diced prawn (blanched), diced hard boiled egg (ONLY THE WHITE!!), Boiled Brocolli (without stem), diced carrot (some say this gives a natural dye effect)..

I am personally against live worms, as I am afraid worms might pass on some infection to my fishes.. Unless it is dried and PROCESSED worms...

Lastly, most commonly used.. PEA... I served thawed peas without skin, cut and serve.. This is their favorite of all.. and it helps to clear their bowel system.. I follow a breeder's advise - Feed Pea once a week and fasting the next day... This is best way to prevent consipation or swim bladder problems.. If u suspect ur fish has swim bladder or constipation problem, feed pea consecutively for two days and follow by fasting... But Prevention is still better than cure as fishes with swim bladder problem usually don't live to an old age for swim bladder problem will clear and come and clear and come and goes on till it jus give up.........

fi5hkiller--i like how you say "serve" your fish. That made me laugh. We are just the caterer right?

:lol1 Ya, come to think about it, I sound like I am a cook for fish after reading my own posting..

I think I have such "COOK" personality becuz I cook a lot and always whipping up dishes during X'mas...

Yum Yum.. Goldfish pudding anyone :P