Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DesigNerd

DIY moss carpet with yogurt

See, I thought she was thinking along the lines of Michelangalo's "David". Ya know, a little moss here, little moss there........

Omg, I was think that!! :tomuch: Or maybe this guy!

Centaur%20greek%20half%20man%20horse%20statue.jpg_thumb.jpg

I like my rocks the way they are, and I have no place for pots. Maybe a tacky statue is what I need.

like a garden elf you can cover in moss?? Look at this one relaxing, you could give him a moss jacket :P

master:CIB879.jpg?is=1600,1600,0xffffff

He needs a moss hat and jacket! I love it! :rolleyes:

I hope you have a garage or something. My dining room is starting to smell like a frat house.

I hope you have a garage or something. My dining room is starting to smell like a frat house.

:rofl

:lol

How's it looking? Is it settling into the screen?

Can't wait to see how this works out. Please keep us posted!

Success! I've created MOLD! :I-Thank-You:

Looks like I'll have to stitch together a bunch of store bought stuff and do the long wait method. le sigh.

Lesson learned, don't leave stuff out to get moldy. DUMB! Maybe if it didn't have the yogurt or excess water and all stayed in the cold or fridge it might work.

im totally going to follow this. very very curious. glad to see people are experimenting.

I'm... skeptical about this working. It seems like if I remember correctly, you're supposed to use land-based moss... :P

Yep, we are talking about two different types of moss.

There is the land moss (I don't know the name of it) that is short and fuzzy, feels like velvet. That is the type you can use for making moss graffiti on land.

Aquatic moss, like Java Moss and the others, won't use buttermilk, yogurt or beer to grow. They like fish poop much better. They can grow emerged, but must be kept very very moist. More so than land moss. There is much info on growing "java moss walls" that you can find with a quick search. I am sure you can use it as a ground cover too, as long as you lift it and clean under it often. Attach it to something and you can make a java moss topiary!

Good Luck!

Edited by Acro