Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flaunder

Hi:) Followed for a couple of weeks...

Hi, my name is Julio Andrade. I live in Northern California. I had been following this site for a couple of weeks before I decided to join. I'm so glad I joined:) Now I can share my beautiful fish with everyone on this wonderful site. Well enough about me, let me tell you about my "friends".

I currently have 7 fancy golfish (1 Black Moor, 1 Calico Oranda- I think- 1 Calico Moor, 1 Calico Pearscale, 1 R&W Oranda, 1 Lionhead and finally 1 common). I got into this hobby by accident. My sister won the common gf at the fair for her baby around 6 or 7 months ago. She couldn't really take care of it, so she gave it to me. I had never had any kind of fish before, so I went to my LFS and bought a 10g tank. The guy that helped me said I would be fine adding two more gf, so I went ahead and bought the black moor and calico oranda (now I realize that was not a good idea, I should not have listened to him). As the days went by, I started spending more time watching them swim in their new home. I enjoyed coming home from work to my fish. About two months ago, my sister called me to let me know she had gotten an old tank from her mother in law, and asked if I wanted It. Of course I said Yes!!! This tank is a 29g. It had a stand, the hood & light and an aquatech 20-40 filter. I set it up, put gravel in it, filled it up with water and was amazed at how much more room it had than the 10g tank. I still did not know anything about cycling and all that, so the next day I went to the pet store and bought the rest of the fish. Luckily, I have yet to lose one. So here I was, with 7 gf in my new 29g tank... within a couple of days I noticed that the filter was not handling the job, so I ordered a new Marinelan Penguin Bio Wheel 350 and moved two of the fish to the smaller tank. As soon as I got the new filter, I put it on the tank and within two hours it cleared the water up. I know that they are both overstocked, but I am already saving up for a new tank, at least a 55g, so they are just temporary (maybe 3-4 months). Thank God I found this site, it has been so helpful in everything that has to do with my gf. If you would like to know anything else about my tanks, just ask me.

Hi, Julio. Welcome!

A very good temporary solution for space is to use Sterilite containers. They are fairly cheap and sturdy, and can be used to house fish. I have a couple of tubs running myself :)

Thank you, dnalex

My tank is currently ending the cycle process, so I think I'll keep them as they are for the moment. I have plants in both tanks and do 25% water changes every day.

Welcome!

welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to Koko's :)

Well Hello Julio :) and Welcome to koko's :)

Now about sharing your GF pic's with us ;)

try www.photobucket.com we love fishy pic's around here ;) hint hint

Hello, and welcome aboard. :)

Welcome to Koko's! We love pictures. ;)

Hello there! Sounds like you have a nice variety there. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of them :D

:hi

and

:welcome

Welcome! :) I hope to see some pictures soon ;)

Thanks to everybody... I will post some pics as soon as I can

Welcome! While you are cycling, keep a close eye on your params so the ammonia and nitrites don't raise above .50ppm. I usually have to do a daily 75% change when cycling.

Welcome ! :)