Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Romeo

Shrimp Pellets For Goldfish

Guest Romeo

I feed my goldfish flake food and I feed my Dojo sinking shrimp pellets. The goldfish gets ahold of some shrimp pellets a lot of the time. It hasn't seemed to bother him, it is okay for him to eat these though right? And also, is this the right thing to feed my Dojo?

I have no idea if it actually is bad or not, but my goldfish seem to like shripm pellets a lot.. I sometimes give them some because they seem to like it so much.

The pellet is fine, but sinking are prone to cloudy water or unfinished food tends to get trapped somewhere... It is rather discoraging If you are using gravel, or any decorative ornaments with caves for sinking food tends to get trapped..

Do presoak the pellets before feeding.. Feed only enuff for the fish to finish in 2 minutes and get rid of any unfinish food to prevent food rot..

Guest Romeo

My goldfish are little. 2.5"'s maybe. They pick the pellets up and keep it in their mouth for a while and then spit it out. I never notice it getting smaller but I will come back and it will be gone? Strange...

they put food in their mouth then spit is becuz they were attempting to swallow the food and finally did not make it...

2 possible cause.. Food too dry and not soft enough or the fishes are simply too full to swallow whatever is in their mouth... other possibility also include shock (sudden sound or movement that scare them to drop whatever they are holding) or the taste is not to their liking.. yah, goldfish have taste bud like us, and they are can be choosy eater... I have 2 fishes that hate vegetarian, for they always slow down or even spat out anything vegetarian..

Presoak, always presoak pellets and flakes before feeding.. some say soak for a minute, but personally I feel the best way to judge is through your sight.. See that the food starts to expand a little and this is best time to feed.. dun oversoak for it mess up ur tank easily...

I feed my fish these as a treat - not every day. You might try putting the pellets in a feed dish so they don't fall between the gravel, mine eat them up pretty quick. I also use these to hand feed since they are easy to hold on to.

Guest Romeo

I don't mean to feed it to them everyday, I mean to feed it to my loach! That is what the Pet Store attendant told me to feed him. Any other ideas for what to feed him so I don't have pellets laying everywhere? He doesn't seem to eat a lot anyway though.

I have cory cats in with my goldies and I feed them (corys) shrimp pellets. Almost every time one of my fantails gets one stuck in his mouth. I watch, concerned he'll choke...and then it will start to dissolve. I started feeding the corys with the light off and the goldfish didn't notice. I guess soaking would help too.

I never had a loach, but I think they'd like shrimp pellets and algae wafers. Both of those are safe for goldies. I think loaches sorta clean all the food that falls into the pebbles if I'm not mistaken.