Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
monkeyzero

He was left at my doorstep... Literally!

I posted a status update about this, and said I'd make a thread. So I am doing so now. I got my phone back today after being grounded so I got to take some pics. The pics are bad but it's easier to take pics when I feel spirulina wafers. :)

Here's the story:

I walk home after spending time with my cousin. Mom and dad were at work during this time. Anyways, I walk to the door and there is a bowl, well critter keeper there. Here's a pic(the fish was taken out)

securedownload9.jpg

So I pick it up and there is a little goldie in there and a note. I put the goldy back down and read the note:

Dear Haimish,

You NEVER shut up about your pets. It's annoying me a lot. But I want you to keep my fish Todo. I know you have a lot of fish and pets, and taking care of him is getting hard. Changing his water is a pain in the @$$. I know how much you love your pets, so I had one of our friends give me your address so I can give you him. He was kept alone, and he needs fish friends. Maybe he wants to make fish babies cause he is trying to bite me. I think the bowl is too small but I had him since he was a dime fish size. He was $4 when I got him. I put in a filter, the little one from walmart that was cheap, but that broke yesterday. Under a year though is his age. Please take care of him. Don't bother trying to find out who I am. Thank you very much for keeping Todo. I will miss him.

Love Anon

And that was it. Exactly how the letter was written. So I put him in a salt and quick cure over night. He has no signs of external illness, and since he was kept alone, he probably wasn't exposed to many illnesses. I'm surprised he's alive. he is in my big tank so he is looking good and doing great with the other guys. I know I'm over stocked, but I bought 5 bunches of anacharis and my AC50 came in so we are looking good. My levels are fine, but I will test much more frequently. My parents said that they were getting me a 120 gallon tank for Christmas though, so that's a MAJOR plus! :D I'm excited. But for now, they will live in the 55, with tons of filtration and plants. :)

Without delay, here he is :)

Sorry the pics are blurry

securedownload12.jpg

securedownload11.jpg

securedownload10.jpg

And there are the plants(you can see him zooming by)

securedownload13.jpg

Edited by Monkeyzero

Well he's super cute. How unexpected.

Nice fish!!!! Have heard of people find cats or dogs at their door step, this is a first.

oh my gosh! he is super cute!!! :) Glad you are able to take car of him.

What a cutie! :) He's in good hands now.

He's adorable!

what a cute little oranda! Sure am glad you were able to give him a good home :)

Wow...that is a crazy story. He is a nice fish though :). I like your anacharis too. They don't eat it?

Hmm. Weird. He's cute. Are those breeding stars I see?

Hmm. Weird. He's cute. Are those breeding stars I see?

i did not notice that! Sure looks like breeding stars to me!

What a handsome little dude :) Bless his heart!

Thanks! I was lucky to get him. :) Breeding stars? Woah, I guess he is a he! :P I didn't even notice that. They definitely weren't there when I got him. I'm guessing he caught on that there were girl fishies in the tank? He isn't chasing anyone, probably cause he's new to other fish. Well considering he hasn't been around fish a long time. But he is fitting in well. :)

They do pick at the anacharis, but so far I got lucky. Of course, anacharis is cheap so I can get more. But I like the way the giant bunch looks. :) I tied them tightly with a rubber band and buried them so they don't float everywhere.

I'm wondering if he's gonna turn all white or orange. I guess I have to wait and see. :P But I do like him. :)

Edited by Monkeyzero

He is a cutie! So glad you are able to take him in :) Good job,

He looks in awfully good shape considering his previous care. A pretty oranda for sure!

That's a cute fish! I would have just QT him considered you don't know the fish or previous owner/care.

what an unusual story ;) but happy he found a good home with you :) he is a Handsome fish for sure :) congrats!!!

I really don't believe your story. :rofl But your new fish is very pretty, only wish you had kept him in his kritter keeper a little longer for QT. Daily WC and he would have been fine in there. Hope all goes well!

he's so pretty! I've heard of people dropping off kittens, puppies and babies at other people's doorsteps, but not fish haha.

Congratulations, he is very pretty

What a crazy story. 'Grats on the new fish.

Thanks all. :) I've had a turtle and 2 hens left at my door before. I never really do stop talking about my pets and how much I love them. And a lot of people know where I live for some odd reason. Maybe that's why?

Should I take him out? And QT him?

Haimish, many thanks from your goldie's behalf for adopting him. May he live for many many years with you. It's so nice that he has got an owner like you. May GOD bless you. :)

What an odd story with a happy ending! He's sure a handsome little guy.

Definately a "fishy" story B U T a really nice goldie!!!! :carrot:

What a pretty fish. Take good care of him now that you got him.