Sign in to follow this  
Hidr

Just one of Joey but a good one

13 posts in this topic

Joey058.jpg

Red lored Amazon

What a sweetie. I used to have a cockatoo. I sure miss her.

Joey has been with me 11 years and well be with me till he passes or I do. Since he is 30 years old it well be a race.

Joey is quite the handsome bird! :)

Oh now I miss my parrot TOO!!

Does Joey talk?

He is so beautiful, and that photo is amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

H E Y.............more pics &Joey info is NEEDED!!!

Joey well laugh and I have heard him say pretty bird a couple times over the years. But no he does not talk. At least not in english. He loves peanuts and well beg for them as well as beg for his head to be scratched. He never poops on me. No I did not try him to do that. But if I let him stay on me more then 20 minutes at a time he well try to feed me.

He is very very sweet. Never had to deal with amazon overload with him in all the years I have had him. I did my research and even decided stick training would be a good idea when he did have amazon overload. It worked but not how I thought it would. When he sees the stick he runs for any place on me he can step up on that the stick is not near. lol Well that works.

I never planed to have an amazon. Just a little big for me. But he picked me and after six months of petting and playing with him at the breeders (he was set up as a breeder but mate died) I brought him home thinking Ill just keep him till she finds a mate for him. 2 years later she called saying she found a mate. I cried and cried. My friend/boss called her and told her after all this time she should not take the bird from me. My husband called offering to pay for it. After all that she agreed to let me buy him. So now he is here to stay and we are just as much in love now as we were in the start.

No I well never own another amazon but I feel so blessed he picked me.

If you decide you want any bird. Be sure to research and talk to be that own what you want. My story is way different to most that own amazons. But that is cause my amazon thinks he is a part cockatoo.

Ill get some more new pictures soon.

Ps I make him sound perfect don't I... LOL well he is not. He is messy and can be loud which can bother some people. He does not like amazon size toys so have to give him smaller bird toys so cost a little more to keep him in toys. He well bite anyone that tries to mess with him if I am in the room. He can't fly to well cause of a damaged wing he received when his mate was killed by a raccoon. He well flutter to my husband if he is not to far away for a peanut but as soon as that is done he well nip till my husband gives him back to me. But I still love that bird.

Aww, he's so beautiful. I love your story about your long friendship with him. :wub: