Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
happysnapper

ohmahgawd what do I do now!?

Tomorrow? EEK. I won't have my brine shrimp eggs till next Tuesday.

Tomorrow? EEK. I won't have my brine shrimp eggs till next Tuesday.

You could use first bites until then. Dont feed them the first day though they still have their yolk sacs for the first 24hrs or so.

Ok. Phew.

I was going to throw some floating plants in with them too, I assume they can find stuff on there to eat.

what kind of goldies are the parents? In all the excitement i forgot to ask :happydance

Mom is an beautiful orange oranda. Dad could be any/all of black moor, oranda, veil tail, or ranchu. :lol So it will be super interesting to see what they grow into, if they survive.

Wow! Congrats!

How many eggs with eyes have you counted?

Ok, not that I am obsessively hovering over that tank or anything :peeka but I decided to count and I there were 67 "eye" eggs that I could see just from the front. I didn't go to the sides and see if I could find more, but I am positive there are more. Then I noticed the ones in the gravel inside the plant base. :lol Who knows how many countless others got eaten because it was hours between when I noticed everyone suddenly being very interested in the gravel and when I realized there were eggs on the plant.

Eeps.. that's so exciting! Can't wait to see pictures :clapping:

So exciting!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

You did want 67 more fish, right? :rofl

OMG 67! That's crazy, start digging a pond. Good luck!

FRED'S A MOMMY!!!!!!!!

First one has hatched. Looks like an early bird because the others are still curled up in their eggs.

6960161775_a8d4ab1787_o.jpg

With one of his slugabed siblings...

6960161743_5a792f085d_o.jpg

Daaaaang. Hard to believe our goldfishes all started out like that. :) Congrats!

That's so cool!

Soooooooo cool. Yay!

very cool :)

FREAKEN AWESOME!!! :panana

congratulations grandma! lol

Thanks. :D And of course Fred is bursting with pride.

So ... are you supposed to prazi babies?

Thanks. :D And of course Fred is bursting with pride.

So ... are you supposed to prazi babies?

I personally do not use prazi. I feel meds should only be used when needed. Others may disagree?

Edited by Patti

I don't disagree. If you have a closed system, flukes should not be present. Even though Prazi is very gentle and can be used prophylactically, no meds is the best option, when possible.

After all, it's the privilege of having bred your own, and knowing that they are parasite free :)

Also had babies 2 days ago. It's my first time. Keep a diary and take photos every day. It's good to hear a story from you at the end. I only managed to save 5 eggs and don't know if they will hatch. I'll have to wait. Remember that the water temperature MUST stay stable at around 21-23 Celsius or else they might not hatch or take more days for the eggs to hatch.

I'm going to have a ratio of 100% telescopes (as they are both with telescope eyes) with pearlscale body or a telescopes body. I hope some of mine will hatch.

Edited by Spyromon

Spyromon, have you ever raised goldfish fry before?

Edited by dnalex

Spyromon, have you ever raised goldfish fry before?

No, i haven't. As i said before it's my first time.

I read a few books and some of the stories here at Koko's of how to raise fry. I saw my fish dance and added a spawning mop and found some eggs the next day. they shouldn't even be breeding as they are still young (don't know how old to be honest) and don't think they are more than 1 year old. I think i might have triggered breeding by accident because the water was cold (16 Celsius) and i bought them an aquarium heater (set it to 20 Celsius) and made a water change and the next day they started dancing so decided to make a spawning mop (very easy) and on the 3rd day found some eggs on the spawning mop at noon (probably ate the other eggs).

Good luck, Spyro. :)

More hatched. They're hard to find they are so tiny.

This post makes me miss breeding goldies so much! Those little eyes just break your heart, don't they? :heart

Congrats on the motherhood to you and Fred!

I wrote a post a while ago about how to breed goldies. There's a section on there about how to raise the babies too. I had planned to expand on that section so if you think there's something I've missed or have any specific questions, fire away! :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22931-breeding-goldies/