Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Spyromon

Does anyone know websites that sell and send fish to European countries?

Does anyone know websites that sell and post fish to European countries?

Can i buy from Asian countries and have them post the fish with DHL or other fast courier?

I was wondering if there are any breeders or sellers that can send to European countries.

To be more specific my country, south Cyprus (it's within the EU).

spyro.. you're already ridiculously overstocked. why would you want to order more fish?

I agree with Helen. Perhaps you should focus on sourcing a larger tank for your existing fish before thinking about buying any others.

There are definately companies and breeders in europe, and shipping from asia is possible, but either of these would be very costly and that cash would be better spent on a new tank to solve your overstocking issue.

:]

Edited by Lucerne

spyro.. you're already ridiculously overstocked. why would you want to order more fish?

I gave away and sold most of my goldfish. That reminds me... I need to refresh my description on my profile.

Now i only have 5 in the big tank (120*40*40=>192Litres) and 2 in the small aquarium.

I found a cheap used Aquarium and I might buy it (120*50*60=>360Litres).

The problem with pet shops here is that the fish they bring are of very low quality, and full of parasites and deceases :(

So i it would be nice to find a breeder of a seller that is willing to post to Europe.

By the way the pet shop I sold the 3 koi and the 1 giant comet goldfish (sold them within 2 hours...should have posted them for sale online) gave me 2 of his last goldfish as he was awaiting for new ones in a week and needed to clean his tanks.

1 baby black moor and 1 fantail. I placed them in a big plastic container with a sponge filter (temporary keeping them, as i will give them to the people i already gave 1 of my goldfish and have a 192Litre aquarium). I couldn't leave them to the pet shop as he would had given them to be eaten by some giant tropical fishes he had there :(

I also noticed they both had Anchor worms (aka Lernea)!!! I'm currently treating them with PraziPro and need to find the correct aquarium salt.

Anyway I need high quality fish which they don't sell here (i live in an island in the Mediterranean sea).

Does anyone sell and post fish to European countries?

Can i buy from Asian

I was wondering if there are any breeders or sellers that can send to European countries.

Hi Spyromon, Yes to your question and I can give you introduce.............but......

You need to have import license or connection at airport agent who does.

Vet on site distrubute permissions for pet animals, plants etc.

If you have got all that then i can help you.

that is for direct imports from Asia.

If you buy from an importer in Europe , they handle all that and repack and tranship it to you as it has "cleared" into Europe .

there are many in Europe, largest one is I think Ruinemans.com in Nederlands.

Prazi is useless against anchor worm. I've tried to tell you that several times :(

i was just about to say the same thing alex!..

spyro, you need to pluck the anchor worms from them, Prazi and Salt will do nothing for anchor worms and the problem will keep getting worse, you have to physically pluck the anchor worm from their bodies.

are you sure it's anchor worm? do you have a photo to show us?

I mean no offense in saying this, but it also seems like you're thinking that a high quality, imported fish will have no disease/parasites while a pet store fish will inherently come with these problems. But if you look around the forum at other people's stories, you will find that no fish is immune to problems like this. Yes, if you choose an obviously sick fish from an obviously negligent pet store, you are setting yourself up for heartbreak. But there are also dozens of people here at Koko's who have done all their research correctly, set up their aquatic environments carefully, chosen the kinds of fish they think they would be most likely to have success with-- and they have spent in the neighborhood of at least a hundred dollars (USD) and sometimes much, much more (!) per fish only to have them get very sick or even die.

Travel is stressful for fish, and even a fish that looks and behaves and for all the evidence IS a healthy fish, can show symptoms of diseases and parasites after travel, or even just after a big change of any description. Often, they are carrying these things in tolerable qualities, the way all living beings do, but stress weakens the fish and makes it so the disease can get a stronger hold on the fish.

Unforunately, this hobby is never easy. But to be the most successful, we need to be prepared to take care of our water quality and the needs of our fish. Without these things, finding a "high quality" fish will only mean a bigger disappointment. But with these things, a pet store fish can be an active, happy, vibrant member of the family just as well as a pricey import.

I mean no offense in saying this, but it also seems like you're thinking that a high quality, imported fish will have no disease/parasites while a pet store fish will inherently come with these problems. But if you look around the forum at other people's stories, you will find that no fish is immune to problems like this. Yes, if you choose an obviously sick fish from an obviously negligent pet store, you are setting yourself up for heartbreak. But there are also dozens of people here at Koko's who have done all their research correctly, set up their aquatic environments carefully, chosen the kinds of fish they think they would be most likely to have success with-- and they have spent in the neighborhood of at least a hundred dollars (USD) and sometimes much, much more (!) per fish only to have them get very sick or even die.

Travel is stressful for fish, and even a fish that looks and behaves and for all the evidence IS a healthy fish, can show symptoms of diseases and parasites after travel, or even just after a big change of any description. Often, they are carrying these things in tolerable qualities, the way all living beings do, but stress weakens the fish and makes it so the disease can get a stronger hold on the fish.

Unforunately, this hobby is never easy. But to be the most successful, we need to be prepared to take care of our water quality and the needs of our fish. Without these things, finding a "high quality" fish will only mean a bigger disappointment. But with these things, a pet store fish can be an active, happy, vibrant member of the family just as well as a pricey import.

Well said. Kortniee!! :)

Prazi is useless against anchor worm. I've tried to tell you that several times :(

What!!! Really??? I read somewhere it handled it. Maybe it's something else that starts with Prazi...

Anyway i slowly removed the anchor worms. There where 2 (on body and tail) on the baby moor and one on the red Fantail.

I added some aquarium salt also. Today they seem quite energetic compared to the previous 2 days. They eat fine and their poop is normal.

It's ok i have other medications i can use, but have to wait another 2 days to pass and change the water so i won't stress them. It says WATERLIFE PARAZIN and it handles anchor worm. I found it yesterday.

Yes i will agree with you, but most pet shops here are just terrible and don't medicate their tanks. In order to find healthy fish with beautiful characteristics you have to drive to all of the pet stores in my city every week until i am lucky enough to find something that i may like. That is what i was doing until now and that is how i found my Gemini, my white pearlscale with red telescope eyes.

PEOPLE PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS THREAD IS NOT ONLY ABOUT WHAT I WANT AND PLEASE ANSWER TO WHAT THE THREAD IS ALL ABOUT.

I'm not asking just for me. There are a lot of people in Europe (not UK) that cannot find stuff as easy as in the USA or UK.

Also i made this thread because i know people who are looking for fish medications that are only sold in the US and all these books we read and advises about medications are about medications sold in the USA.

Guys note that i am still learning stuff from you guys and have learned a lot of stuff from this website, but i am in the fishkeeping hobby only 8 months now.

i was just about to say the same thing alex!..

spyro, you need to pluck the anchor worms from them, Prazi and Salt will do nothing for anchor worms and the problem will keep getting worse, you have to physically pluck the anchor worm from their bodies.

are you sure it's anchor worm? do you have a photo to show us?

Thanks Stakos. You are always there for me with the best advises. I already did that from day one. I read instructions from 2 books i have about goldfish diseases. i have also bought WATERLIFE PARAZIN.

i am not sure that you need to use chemicals spyro.. anchor worm is easily plucked and salt is used to heal the wound. please consider not using a medicine for this, i wouldn't use one.

Does anyone sell and post fish to European countries?

Can i buy from Asian

Hi Spyromon, Yes to your question and I can give you introduce.............but......

You need to have import license or connection at airport agent who does.

Vet on site distrubute permissions for pet animals, plants etc.

If you have got all that then i can help you.

that is for direct imports from Asia.

If you buy from an importer in Europe , they handle all that and repack and tranship it to you as it has "cleared" into Europe .

there are many in Europe, largest one is I think Ruinemans.com in Nederlands.

Finally back to the main subject.

Who are these breeders or websites in Europe? I can't find them anywhere. Also it would be good to know the Asian representatives, we could ask the rest to them.

If these breeders don't have a website the easiest solution would be to pay the breeder with Paypal for all the expenses.

It would be really cool (maybe better to open a new thread) of who, where (to see who is closest) and how we can purchase a goldfish online in Europe or other non US countries.

Edited by Spyromon

i think there's on in greece, but i can't remember who they are. you would have to search OTE online.

i am not sure that you need to use chemicals spyro.. anchor worm is easily plucked and salt is used to heal the wound. please consider not using a medicine for this, i wouldn't use one.

I read in a book that the female Anchor Worm hooks on the fish while the males swim around in the water. The females have their end of their tail shaped like a Y where the eggs are located.

I know that i shouldn't stress them with medications but i need to kill all anchor worms that may swim in the water. I will do a 2/3 water change and will try PARAZIN after a few days (need to wait for a whole week to pass or longer). The anchor worms where green like colour and about 1cm and on the scales.

I will search for the Greek websites but it's a chaos in Greece now with strikes and economic crisis so don't know if i can trust them much but on the other hand it will be very cheap as it is near Cyprus and everything there has gone so cheap (by the way we speak Greek in Cyprus but are considered a separate country from Greece, it's like a small Switzerland for foreigners)

Edited by Spyromon

Anchors are NOT green. They are whitish.

I found this guy recently, he seems to be a high quality breeder in Malta. If you can't get him to ship, there may be some other connection on this website.

check out this thread:

http://www.aquariumm...photos.aspx?p=1

Thanks, i will try and send this guy an email.

Also i have discovered this web site http://www.sawasdeegoldfish.com/ordering.htm , but there are other websites and exporters in Thailand that can send to other countries (you can find them at Alibaba) and can post to you after a procedure of filling up authorization papers. It's kind of risky though, ordering from a non EU country.

Are there any breeders in this website from Europe that could give fish or even sell them?

Anchors are NOT green. They are whitish.

Not to doubt your knowledge Alex, but I have read that the worms are white but they can get two visible green egg-sacks at the exposed end when attached to a fish.

I've been lucky enough to not encounter Anchorworm on any fish myself, but I read about it and seen photographs with the green egg-sacks in the publication 'The art of goldfish keeping' by Peter Cole (http://www.amazon.co...29343113&sr=8-1).

I assume this is what Spyromon could be seeing.

Spyro - I know some suppliers who would ship to the EU and in the future when you are better stocked/your current fish are healthy, I will gladly share them with you, I just dont think it would be ethical of me to potentially facilitate buying more fish when you are still trying to solve current issues :]

Good luck curing and getting new tanks etc - listen to Helen and Alex and im sure you'll be running smooth in no time.

Edited by Lucerne

You still have two fish in that 4 gallon tank? :no:

Not to doubt your knowledge Alex, but I have read that the worms are white but they can get two visible green egg-sacks at the exposed end when attached to a fish.

I've been lucky enough to not encounter Anchorworm on any fish myself, but I read about it and seen photographs with the green egg-sacks in the publication 'The art of goldfish keeping' by Peter Cole (http://www.amazon.co...29343113&sr=8-1).

This is entirely possible. The ones I've had to pluck out have been all white, but it could very well be because they released the eggs already :o

Spyromon, I think it would be very helpful if you could upload some pics of the worms.

This is entirely possible. The ones I've had to pluck out have been all white, but it could very well be because they released the eggs already :o

Spyromon, I think it would be very helpful if you could upload some pics of the worms.

It's the first time i had to deal with Anchor worms. Sorry i threw the anchor worms away the moment i removed them, about a week ago. I was pulling them and they wouldn't detach from the fish easy.

Anyway the fish look fine, energetic, they eat fine, swim normally, i will keep them in quarantine for another three weeks and then give them away. I only want to keep weird looking ones for myself and these two are normal ones and i only took them so they wouldn't be fed to other fish. What can i say... i like usual ones.

Guys if you saw how much mistreated goldfish are in the pet shops here you would cry. Fins ripped, dead fish floating and being eaten by other goldfish, and a lot more stuff. It's better not to even visit pet shops. An owner of a pet shop even told me "We just want to keep them for 1-2 weeks and sell them as soon as possible."

Note that i'm planing on buying a used tank that is why i'm just looking for websites or breeders. I would really prefer to pay 10 times more money and buy it from a Breeder that is in the Fish keeping hobby.

I would really like to own at least a Tosakin, a Celestial and a blue Oranda.

Spyro - I know some suppliers who would ship to the EU and in the future when you are better stocked/your current fish are healthy, I will gladly share them with you, I just dont think it would be ethical of me to potentially facilitate buying more fish when you are still trying to solve current issues :]

Good luck curing and getting new tanks etc - listen to Helen and Alex and im sure you'll be running smooth in no time.

Hi, I only have the fish mentioned in my profile's description. I'm planning on buying a new bigger tank but i would be interested in having another 1-2 AAA goldfish.

The 2 that i'm treating now are babies and won't be kept by me and will be given away to someone that has a 192L aquarium and only has 1 goldfish i gave.

On September, for my birthday, i was given 3 Koi, 1 huge comet goldfish, 1 huge fantail goldfish (my friends knew i liked goldfish but they had no idea about fish keeping and the pet shop did not accept returns), and to be honest i didn't want those fish as they where too big, so i sold them to another pet shop and only kept the one huge Fantail.

Now i only kept 2 Fantail, 2 Ranchu, 2 Telescope eye, 1 Pearlscale with Telescope eyes.

They where named after the zodiac signs. Not 100% sure about the gender though, time will show...

Name-------->Owned----->Gender-->Description

Libra--------->4 months-->Male----->huge white Fantail with some orange stripes

Scorpio------>6 months-->Male----->orange Fantail

Aries--------->3 months-->Female-->white Ranchu without a wen

Sagitarius--->3 months-->Male----->white Ranchu with orange head and orange tail without wen

Ophiuchus-->2 months-->Male----->Telescope eye Tricolour (only metalic scales)

Virgo--------->2 months-->Male----->Telescope eye calico with tripod tail

Gemini------->1 months-->Female-->white Pearlscale with orange Telescope eyes

Edited by Spyromon

Here's one, there is a UK branch too. I don't know whether you are into topview ranchu and if you do then you can become a member and get their prized tvrs.

http://www.ranchubro...sai-karel-9.htm