Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ranchugirl

THE ORANDA

A little worried though. An article I was reading on Redcaps mentioned that they were more delicate than most goldies and not a good beginner fish.

A redcap is an Oranda. It's no more delicate than any other Oranda. Mine live in ponds, outside, 50% of the year and are as hardy as anything. That article is simply not correct.

Edited by ChelseaM

Thank you so much for this.   I was not sure that you can put Orandas with Ranchos.    I don't have a Oranda yet.  I heard that they can be aggressive with other fish.  Now that I read your article it clears it up for me.   Thank you again. 

thank

You need to stop reading stupid articles and/or listening to the people at the pet store.  :) 

No aggressive variety of goldfish  exists.  Very rarely one might find an aggressive individual goldfish, but most of what people report as aggressiveness turns out to be spawning  behavior.

Your Absolutely right!   

4 hours ago, shakaho said:

You need to stop reading stupid articles and/or listening to the people at the pet store.  :) 

No aggressive variety of goldfish  exists.  Very rarely one might find an aggressive individual goldfish, but most of what people report as aggressiveness turns out to be spawning  behavior.

So true. the only fish I had that might have been aggressive was my oranda years ago who ate one of my fish's eyes. I saw him do it and then try again later. 

That fish went into a big pond later.