Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyonthespot

Agar agar...failed?

65 posts in this topic

Hi :)

I would stick to spinach tonight, or nothing. Maybe fast them a couple days, won't hurt them at all. Then just spinach again for a day or two to really clean her out. Don't feed her more gel yet, if she over ate she needs it to go through her before more gel.

That's sensible. I know my limitations and I am physically incapable of fasting them, so she'll get spinach. Thank you for the reply. I just hate seeing her mope around and try to get her back to normal ASAP.

Fasting them doesn't hurt at all. Goldfish can go a couple weeks without food and be perfectly fine. Continuing to feed her could cause more problem. She may be very constipated. Or egg bound. By fasting for 2-3 days the feeding spinach she should be cleaned out. Then if still having issues we need to look at other causes (egg bound, etc)

Edited by Red

If Gabby misses one meal, she mopes around and doesn't leave the ground lol. It's torture for me. I won't feed her tonight. She's moping already and won't leave the ground for more than a few seconds.

That picture I posted, does her body look normal? The bottom is definitely protruding more than the picture shows...I guess she could be really backed up? It looks like a reasonable area for any backup to remain.

She looks good to me. Could just be her shape. Is it even on both sides?

Appears that way. It's literally right where her anus is, looks like it's swollen out a little. It's definitely gotten bigger in the past few weeks.

Oh, I can't see that. Can you get a photo of her from behind maybe? Females do have an outie though.

Edited by Red

Yes, a butt-shot would be great :rofl

At least from the pic, she looks OK to me. I was about to comment that she could stand to eat a little more lol. However, as Red says, fasting a fish for a few days is "normal," and doesn't necessarily pose any danger to life.

Her anus itself isn't swollen...it's right underneath that is protruding. I lucked out and got a great picture of it:

HPIM2843.jpg

Oh, I see. I am going to try to recruit some help. I don't know what that is. :(

Thanks man, it's definitely unsettling for me. Just hope she's ok :/ It's definitely formed and grown over the past few weeks, just thought she was growing. But now that her health is seemingly deteriorating it sticks out to me more. Wondering if that's her backup? Pregnancy? No clue. Just freaks me out.

Edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot

So I'm going to ask something I don't want to ask. If she was dying...would her dorsal be up while lying on the rocks? Because she's almost down all of the time now, but her dorsal stays up. I want to feed her so bad because she looks so weak :( This is really depressing actually...if it wasn't for the dorsal I'd say she was on her last leg.

Maybe you could go into Diagnose & Discussion section and make a new topic about this. Answer all the questions/info at the top of D&D. I'd say if her dorsal is up she has fight left in her. Has she pooped? What did it look like?

Maybe you could go into Diagnose & Discussion section and make a new topic about this. Answer all the questions/info at the top of D&D. I'd say if her dorsal is up she has fight left in her. Has she pooped? What did it look like?

I'll do that. I haven't seen her poop since maybe yesterday (haven't been home all day though), and it was normal colored, short and fat.

Poop sounds good. Yes, please go into D&D. I think this is not related to the gel food. Probably not serious, but need all the params & info to help decide what is going on with her. :)