Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

REQ: Full Tanks Videos :)

Hidr & Fang had asked that I post videos showing the full tanks the last time I did a video update, so here they are. In the first part, you'll see the 55 with the tiny tots. The last 2/3 of the video is the 100 gallon right after a water change. As usual, I added koi clay, and you can see how well it clears up.

Enjoy & thank you for watching :)

Now that looks great. Thank you for posting.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I love the nerds the best! They are SO HYPER!

Awesome! :9

These tanks are amazing, and I love how ultra clear koi clay makes the tank! :)

I love your 100g tank and your fish are amazing !

Both are Very Nice!!!! :) is that algae growing on the back walls?? Thanks for sharing :) Your Fish are sooooo Pretty :)

Gorgeous Alex! Thanks for sharing :) I LOVE your fish :)

Your fish really are amazing! I love to especially see the big guys! I have never heard of koi clay. Where can it be bought? Such a joy to see, thank you for posting the full tank shots!

Gorgeous, I love seeing your tanks!

Very pretty! :)

That was fantastic. How big are the fish in the 100g? I always have a hard time judging. I think you need more fish. More fish = more videos. More videos= more happiness. I enjoy living vicariously through others, and I'm selfish, so just keep those videos a commin'. :teehee

Now that looks great. Thank you for posting.

Thank you, Hidr :)

I love the nerds the best! They are SO HYPER!

I love them, too. They've been growing very well the last couple of months, and yes, they are always so active. It's great to watch them :)

Awesome! :9

Thank you :)

These tanks are amazing, and I love how ultra clear koi clay makes the tank! :)

Thank you! I am a definite fan of koi clay :)

I love your 100g tank and your fish are amazing !

Thank you, Alistair :)

Both are Very Nice!!!! :) is that algae growing on the back walls?? Thanks for sharing :) Your Fish are sooooo Pretty :)

Thanks, Shelly! :)

That is algae on the back walls. On the 55g, it is now mostly green, and I am hoping that it'll grow in a lot more. There's constant grazing on the wall, so it's great. On the 100g, it's starting to become green as well :)

Wowsers.. Look at all those beautiful fish. :yikes

I don't think I would ever leave my house...seriously. I would hate that I have to travel so much for work. The nerds are catching up to their friends in the 100 gallon. I would love a tank that big, but I am so worried about earthquakes. It is always so hard to pick a favorite with your fish because I love them all.

you orandas are all huge! beautiful!

Gorgeous Alex! Thanks for sharing :) I LOVE your fish :)

Thank you very much, Molly! I LOVE YOUR fish :)

Your fish really are amazing! I love to especially see the big guys! I have never heard of koi clay. Where can it be bought? Such a joy to see, thank you for posting the full tank shots!

Thank you, Rhonda! :)

I bought koi clay from koivillage.com. It's such a great addition, and I really think it has improved the quality of my water immensely. There is a link in my sig about koi clay, if you would like to read more about it. I highly recommend it. It's natural and the koi people have been using it for years and years :)

Gorgeous, I love seeing your tanks!

Thank you! :)

May we see some of your beautiful fish soon? :)

Very pretty! :)

Thank you, tithra :)

That was fantastic. How big are the fish in the 100g? I always have a hard time judging. I think you need more fish. More fish = more videos. More videos= more happiness. I enjoy living vicariously through others, and I'm selfish, so just keep those videos a commin'. :teehee

Thank you, Dan :)

The guys in the 100g are between 4-10 inches, including tail, or 2-6 inches just the body. I think I need more fish, too, but not until I finish up some much needed renovations in the house that will allow me to have extra large tanks :)

Wowsers.. Look at all those beautiful fish. :yikes

Thank you, Koko! :)

[btw, sorry I couldn't do the multiquote replies all at once. I tried doing that before, and it was messed up beyond imagining. :)]

I don't think I would ever leave my house...seriously. I would hate that I have to travel so much for work. The nerds are catching up to their friends in the 100 gallon. I would love a tank that big, but I am so worried about earthquakes. It is always so hard to pick a favorite with your fish because I love them all.

Thank you, Amy!

I am most likely going to be spending quite a bit of time away from home starting in August/September if I do start school then. I am doing all I can to beg my mom/sister to help out with them. Fortunately, we are a goldfish family, so it should not be a tough issue :)

you orandas are all huge! beautiful!

Thank you! :)

I love all your fish! And I always look forward to your videos. This one was not only beautiful, but educational for me. (regarding the koi clay and seeing it "in action" so to speak) I've added it to my food but have been delaying in adding it to the tank. I remember you had once mentioned holding off on adding it to your 100g because of the TMS, wondering how it would settle, etc. Apparently, it is working just fine. Do you see any build up of the clay on the bottom?

Alex, your fish-keeping skills and your beautiful fish are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. :)

If you ever feel like doing more sharing, by say, sending that panda to me, I'll pm you with my address. ;)

I love all your fish! And I always look forward to your videos. This one was not only beautiful, but educational for me. (regarding the koi clay and seeing it "in action" so to speak) I've added it to my food but have been delaying in adding it to the tank. I remember you had once mentioned holding off on adding it to your 100g because of the TMS, wondering how it would settle, etc. Apparently, it is working just fine. Do you see any build up of the clay on the bottom?

Thank you, kaytee! I'm glad the bit about the koi clay was useful. Since I had a lot of concerns about it ever clearing up in my tank before I started using it, I thought I would post the video so people can see. Actually, the morning after I add the koi clay, the water is is clearer! I do have some build up in the bottom, but the only way I know is because when I feed and the fish start stirring up the gravel, there is a slight haze, which settles again after in 15-20 minutes. What I have found is that the clay gets caught in the filter media (as it was meant to do), so I do have to rinse the media more often than I did (you know how the ACs let you know when the media needs to be rinsed lol), but this is not an issue at all :)

Alex, your fish-keeping skills and your beautiful fish are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. :)

If you ever feel like doing more sharing, by say, sending that panda to me, I'll pm you with my address. ;)

Thank for saying that, SR! :)

I love these fish, but I think they cause me even more gray hair daily :yikes

The panda (Nelliel) says she's very much enjoying being the queen of the tank, with all her oranda admirers :P

Jiminey Cricket Alex!!!! :krazy: Wonderful tanks! And look at your MONSTER fish in the 100g! Amazing! :D

Jiminey Cricket Alex!!!! :krazy: Wonderful tanks! And look at your MONSTER fish in the 100g! Amazing! :D

Thank you, Mrs. Becs! :)

Hidr & Fang had asked that I post videos showing the full tanks the last time I did a video update, so here they are. In the first part, you'll see the 55 with the tiny tots. The last 2/3 of the video is the 100 gallon right after a water change. As usual, I added koi clay, and you can see how well it clears up.

Enjoy & thank you for watching :)

Absolutely gorgeous!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you, Locke! :)