Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tarannosaurus

I just got my first goldfish, what do you guys think?

This is my first goldfish. It's from RG. It's very active. Not sure if m or f. What do you guys think?

It looks like there is something wrong with the left nostril. Does anyone know what that is? And what's it doing with the substrate?

Where is it? Can we see?

Aw. What a cutie. She/he will turn at least partly orange and white later in life. I think it'll look really good, actually :)

I couldn't tell for certain, but it looks like he/she has a little pom pom growing on the left nostril.

What is it doing with the sand? Digging around, looking for food! That's what!

:Congrats:

congratulations! it's a beauty!!

just as a precautionary measure, i would be sending this video to RG stating your concern as soon as possible. as it's difficult to see if it's a problem or just a norm to the fish, i think that RG should be informed just the same. the sooner the better..

again, congratulations, it's a very pretty oranda :heart

Aw. What a cutie. She/he will turn at least partly orange and white later in life. I think it'll look really good, actually :)

I couldn't tell for certain, but it looks like he/she has a little pom pom growing on the left nostril.

What is it doing with the sand? Digging around, looking for food! That's what!

:Congrats:

I was also thinking it would change colors. :) And that might be cool if it was a pom pom. So you think he/she is hungry?

congratulations! it's a beauty!!

just as a precautionary measure, i would be sending this video to RG stating your concern as soon as possible. as it's difficult to see if it's a problem or just a norm to the fish, i think that RG should be informed just the same. the sooner the better..

again, congratulations, it's a very pretty oranda :heart

I think so too. Thanks!

Did he/she just arrive today? If so, the shipping didn't seem to have much of an effect at all. :)

He/She might be hungry, but it is best not to feed for 24-48 hours after arrival to let everything settle to normal before feeding.

Helen's suggestion to show Steve the video is an excellent one. It doesn't hurt to get his opinion, although if you had pics and the video from RG, you could compare yourself.

Ooh, he's a pretty one.

Did he/she just arrive today? If so, the shipping didn't seem to have much of an effect at all. :)

He/She might be hungry, but it is best not to feed for 24-48 hours after arrival to let everything settle to normal before feeding.

Helen's suggestion to show Steve the video is an excellent one. It doesn't hurt to get his opinion, although if you had pics and the video from RG, you could compare yourself.

Yes it did. And yeah, I was expecting it to be more stressed. Definitely nothing on the nostril before. I sent Steve an email.

Your new fish is GORGEOUS! I love the fins :D

Aww. you got a little monster. So cute, congratulations. :)

Aww. you got a little monster. So cute, congratulations. :)

Haha he's checking everything out with his mouth. Dumb question. How do I know if it's a male or female?

Thanks!

Steve is not sure what it is. I'm just going to keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get worse.

Lots of orandas have puffs on/over their nose. That is what it looks like to me. Maybe the other one got taken off some how? Keep an eye on it. Lovely fish.

Beautiful! Congratulations :)

Beautiful blue :) I was thinking just a frill on the nose as well ;) just keep an eye on it :) Congrats!!!!

That's a beautiful fish, I love its conformation and gorgeous fins! :)

Beautiful fish! My orandas do the same thing with my gravel. They go around searching for food and pick up, and spit out the gravel.

Very beautiful fish! I was eyeing that one on the RG site (along with many others lol, wishing I had a bigger tank, sigh.), glad someone here got him/her! :D

Wow, what a fabulous fish for a first goldie! Our first were from Petsmart. ;)

I recently set up a 55 gallon with sand, and the sand was completely smooth. Then I added three new fish, one of whom is not very active. By morning, the smooth sand was all bumpy -- they had pecked at every bit of sand in the tank overnight. There was not a smooth spot left. It's just what goldies do. :)

Wow, what a fabulous fish for a first goldie! Our first were from Petsmart. ;)

I recently set up a 55 gallon with sand, and the sand was completely smooth. Then I added three new fish, one of whom is not very active. By morning, the smooth sand was all bumpy -- they had pecked at every bit of sand in the tank overnight. There was not a smooth spot left. It's just what goldies do. :)

Thanks! My first fish was an oscar from Petsmart, and it was a great fish. :) I looked there for a goldfish, but nothing really spoke to me.

This guy must have stayed up all night rooting around in the sand, because bumpy sand was the first thing I noticed this morning. :D How cute. :)