Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AquaAddict

My new obsession Ryukins! Of course their is pics!

Are you moving locally or far away?

Edited by Patti

Probably within a few miles of where I live now. When I lived in Lawrence for school and moved every year, I never successfully managed to move my fish without them at least getting horribly sick so I am just sticking to the one fish for now and super duper crossing my fingers he'll move okay.

Yeah I know the feeling I have to move a few thousand fish here in a few weeks.

I really am starting to like the tiny red white more and more. He has a big hump for a tiny 2" or less fish.

I will have to stop by Petworld soon too. Every time i go there isn't much to choose from. Lots of fantails. But i agree, they have tons of supplies!

I am lucky i can stop by several times a week and they sometimes give me a heads up on when they are getting new shipments. They haven't had much for about the last month as far as goldies go. The just started using a new supplier and my orandas were from their first shipment from their new trans shipper.

I will deffinently stop by there soon. I usually go to Mission Pet Mart for my fish. They are a small mom and pop store that always has a pretty good goldie selection.

My husband goes to Mission Pet Mart for his RO water for his saltwater tank. They do often have really pretty goldfish. Particularly if it's not koi season.

That is interesting to hear about Pet World and their new supplier! I will have to keep an eye on them. :)

Edit: Sorry I hijacked your thread into a "where to get fish in Kansas" discussion. I really like your ryukins too! They are all beautiful. I have a soft spot for calicos, though.

Edited by kortniee

My husband goes to Mission Pet Mart for his RO water for his saltwater tank. They do often have really pretty goldfish. Particularly if it's not koi season.

That is interesting to hear about Pet World and their new supplier! I will have to keep an eye on them. :)

Edit: Sorry I hijacked your thread into a "where to get fish in Kansas" discussion. I really like your ryukins too! They are all beautiful. I have a soft spot for calicos, though.

No problem :) I don't mind the locals jacking my thread to find out where i got a fish locally. I have been to mission pet mart several times. I have a good friend that lives close to there. We use to have local fish club meetings down the street too.

they're beautiful! congratulations!. and they're a decent size also. good score :)

Love them all!! Too hard to pick a favorite!

so Ki and I went scoping out stores today. City pets had some lionheads, bubble eyes and celestials. Along with the normal stuff. Mission pet mart had some black ranchu, lionhead and lots of others maybe worth a look.

City Pets? Where is that at? I havent been there before. Id love to check out their bubble eyes and lion heads

City Pets? Where is that at? I havent been there before. Id love to check out their bubble eyes and lion heads

Its at sw trafficway and mill st. They were small 2" maybe.

Nice fish.. and with some work you can get the calico in 'Ryukin' shape as well :)

Wow they are some beautiful Fishies :)

I adore the red and white one!

I'm envious of your fish selection. Big beauties you have there!

All your talk of Kansas City makes me sad. My very good friend and co-owner of my dogs lives in Olathe. She moved from Michigan to go work for Bayer. I miss her :( Maybe if I ever get to visit her we can meet up at one of these awesome lfs that you speak of :)

Just came down and found EGGS!!!

Woo hoo! Cuz you really need more fish to move. ;)

Woo hoo! Cuz you really need more fish to move. ;)

LMAO You know thats right! I will just put the lid on their tub and move em like a fruit cake. Only the fruit cake would probably taste much better :) I am only moving like 20 minutes away so it shouldnt be to rough on them.

Edited by Patti

well I went to the petstore and found 2 more calico ryukin i had to have. The nice lady also pointed out a little crown pearlscale that is did not see. It had to come home too :)

I guess i should take some pics of the new arrivals. They will be spending some time in their QT tub before they get to meet their new friends. I picked these 2 calicos because they seem to be getting nice ryukin humps which my other calico is lacking. Maybe one is a boy and she will like him?

006-6.jpg

005-9.jpg

004-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

008-5.jpg

007-5.jpg

010-4.jpg

009-6.jpg