Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
AquaAddict

My new obsession Ryukins! Of course their is pics!

92 posts in this topic

Over the last week i have scored 4 ryukins 2 are pretty small and i have not takin pics of them yet. I just got home with these guys I could not resist. This is what happens when Ki and I go just "looking". I brought home my first calico. I took their pics as i was putting them in QT.

005-7.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-8.jpg

Beautiful!!! I love ryukins.

Oh great now I'm jealous. Thanks Patti. ;)

Nice. Both are beautiful, but the first is outstanding! :)

:Congrats:

Very pretty! Nice contrasty red and white. And it's hard to find a calico ryukin with a decent hump -- yours is one of the best I've seen lately.

The red/white has a much nicer hump than the calico, but the calico is the one that caught my eye. I have been wanting to try a few different strains since i have already bred fantails and orandas. I have gotten the bug bad. you guys are horrible people :no: My wife gave me the go ahead on putting 4- 8ft diameter (approx.700gal) stock tanks in the basement of my new house. I just have to wait on the funds as they are $250-350 ea. and I am a regular poor boy from kansas. I just bought one that is around 450 gallons and 6 ft round the other day so I need to build up slowly.

Thank you guys for the comments. My LFS gets some decent one sometimes. They are usually pretty fair on price as far as goldfish go.

Very nice :)

That calico is so beautiful! His coloring shure makes up for the "imperfect" hump :)

Both are very nice :) Congrats :) when do we get to see the babies???

Very nice. I'm thinking of getting a ryukin.

Wow, I am jealous. I was a fantail fan, until I discovered ryukins on this site.

Those are 2 gorgeous fish! Nice find. :heart

I've never been the biggest fan of Ryukins (even though I love orandas that have a high hump) but some of the pictures on this site are beginning to sway me. I need more, bigger tanks. STAT.

*_______________________*

If you get babies, I WANT ONE. :)

Love them both, but my favourite is the calico one, look at those spangly shiny scales! :D

I'm not sure why, but calicos tend not to have the best humps, but with coloring like that, who cares? They are stunning!

they are beautiful!

Some more pics of the ryukin. I have one more that is currently in with my fantails that i have not got any photos of yet. But here are the ryukin. 2 of them are just little guys but they seem to be the aggressive ones :) I got them 2 days before the large guys so they are all in QT together.

013.jpg

011-1.jpg

009-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

004-7.jpg

003-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

001-9.jpg

Sorry about all the pics

Where in Kansas is the awesome LFS you're getting these? I'm asking for, um, a friend. Yeah.

Lawrence. If you are in Kansas City you may check Olathe pets down south or Miles of Exotics in the northland. They group order sometimes with Pet World here in Lawrence. If you get the chance to make it out here to God's Country you should stop by there.

Edited by Patti

For reals? What's it called?

Pet World if you have never been there it is probably one of the best fish stores in Kansas for freshwater fish. If i want SW I drive to KC though. Or when LC's Reef Stop was still open outside of Topeka that was my favorite store. Cathy was the greatest.

Huh. I go to Pet World probably every 4 or 6 weeks and they always just have orange fantails. Maybe you've stolen all the good ones by then! They are really nice there. I really like to go buy fish "stuff" from them--they have everything I need, usually.

go now they have pearlscales, oranda, ryukin, lionhead, calico butterfly, fantails, and i am probably missing a few. I left 2 orandas and a black moor in the tank with them they were $40 ea. or 2/$70 They also have them in all sizes right now.

I am going this weekend, but for cherry shrimp. But I will totally go ogle the goldfish!

I just have the one tiny (ish, for a goldfish. 20 gallons) tank right now because we're moving this year so I am trying to be a responsible person and wait till we move to get the bigger tank. :)

Edited by kortniee