Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ShawneeRiver

Look what Molly the Enabler made me do!

Lookin' sweet!! Rim less tanks kick butt. And your driftwood is going to look really great with moss growing on it. Nice job. :)

I really like it, SR! It will be super nice when the plants are growing in :)

Good work hun! It's looking pretty spesh :)

That really looks fantastic! And not just because I grew some of those plants.

But wow, It is just going to get better and better!

Thanks, everyone. I'm eager to see some growth. The plants look kind of puny. Many of them came from my 36, and the light is low in there, so they didn't grow much.

The sand is Carib Sea Super Naturals. I don't know the color name, but it's the same size as Tahitian Moon Sand. They have a lighter one, but it was too fine.

Looks great!

I couldn't get the driftwood to stand up. Molly and I searched through a wall of driftwood to get a tall piece, and it's just laying there. Oh well. When the java fern grows, it should give the height that I wanted.

I use a suction cup to make my driftwood stand up. My friend drilled a hole in it and we used sealant to glue in the suction. I let it cure for a couple of months and it works great. I think the plants look great and they will grow so fast.

I decided to go the easy way out and lay it down. I didn't want to fight with driftwood. ;)

Your tank looks great and I may come and fish nap one or two of those beauties!

wow, it looks beautiful!!!! :clapping:

It looks awesome! What kind of sand did you use?

Thanks, everyone. I'm eager to see some growth. The plants look kind of puny. Many of them came from my 36, and the light is low in there, so they didn't grow much.

The sand is Carib Sea Super Naturals. I don't know the color name, but it's the same size as Tahitian Moon Sand. They have a lighter one, but it was too fine.

I'm pretty sure the sand is Sunset Gold. :)

Thanks for all the nice compliments, everyone!

Edited by ShawneeRiver

I recently tore down my 36 gallon acrylic tank to try to buff out the scratches caused by my son. So I have nine fish in this 55. Four of the fish are medium size, three are small and two are very small, and they all are getting along well. You can see that Goldeen is healing from his injuries. Just before Christmas, he got himself stuck during breeding chasing, I think. And Poof the black ranchu released eggs on Friday, so she has a big scrape from being chased. Other than that, everyone looks good. Here's a video. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37542328@N06/6750233933/

Edited by ShawneeRiver

Aw. They are so cute and active, SR. I love it :)

OMG how much do I love Poof??? A WHOLE LOT. They all look great and so do the plants. :)

They are gorgeous! That lionhead/ranchu/lionchu at the beginning looks so much like my Banana LOL

I love that big ryukin :D

That is one busy tank. Looks great! I love your celestials! :)

That's so fun!!! The little baby was swimming all around inside the vase!

Edited by Acro

That's so fun!!! The little baby was swimming all around inside the vase!

They love it, Acro! (Me too!) That was Ferb, the smaller celestial. Right after I put the vase in the tank, he stayed in there for hours. He's more active now, but all the little fish like to swim in there. I think the plant on the vase has new leaves too!!! :D

Fang, that is my daughter's fish, who is a macho bully chaser and has casued a lot of anxiety in the house. After the last time he hurt himself, just before Christmas, I wasn't sure he'd make it. He's still very ragged -- he had a broken pec and no scales on either side, plus more scapes and huge chunk missing from his dorsal. Dude, chill out!

Red, Molly saved those guys and got them healthy. They are active and chunky now. :)

OMG how much do I love Poof??? A WHOLE LOT. They all look great and so do the plants. :)

She's a favorite. :wub: I'm excited about the plants. I think they've even grown already!

Aw. They are so cute and active, SR. I love it :)

Thanks, Alex. You know how it is -- they never stop begging. :rofl

Loved watching that video! I really like the light sand.

I will be happy to come over and take that ryukin off your hands anytime . . .

Great video!

Shawn, I love your fish and tank. You've really made it look great with the plants and the vase adds so much too.

I went back a bit to reread and I see you've got a new light. I really like it. What kind is it?

SR your tank is looking really great!! :D

I love Black-Eye the pirate especially haha!