Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ShawneeRiver

Look what Molly the Enabler made me do!

OK, OK, it's not ALL Molly's fault!! :rofl

A couple of months ago, I got a 120, and hubby and planned to set it up in the back of our living room. After thinking about how much it weighed, we decided to wait and put the 120 in our basement. Instead, I got a used 55. I was dilly-dallying about setting up, when Molly offered to let me get a fish from Tommy and let it hitch a ride in her order. So I finished the basic setup and went to Molly's house to get my fish, the black ranchu named Poof!

And I came home with three new fish!! My kids loved Phineas and Ferb the celestials, and Molly was not attached to them, so we brought them home too. :D

Then, a week later, Molly took me to an amazing pet store about an hour away, and we both came home with fish. We named our little orange lionhead Poopsie.

I can't blame Molly for the final fish at all (or maybe she was there is spirit!). I took the kids to Petsmart, and we saw this calico tele with one black eye, so we brought Black Eye the Pirate home to join the gang.

My master plan is to put Phineas, Ferb, Oreo (our tiny calico who has never grown), and Black Eye into the 36. Poof!, Poopsie, Goldeen, Harry and Peaches will have the 55.

I'm taking it slow with the 55, but I've got a raised light fixture coming tomorrow. I'm hoping to leave the tank open on the top. The background and a lot more plants will come later.

My "helper." :wub:

6636304015_493572ecb6_z.jpg

Diy stand. The driftwood is making the water dark.

6636303397_ffe3f13fbe_z.jpg

Poof! (As in a magical poof! of smoke.) He's huge compared to everyone else.

6621856369_d9be63ae39.jpg

Phineas, Ferb, Black Eye and Poopsie. These guys all are small.

6636302737_2ba06b176b.jpg

Black Eye the Pirate

6636566545_b0326ee263.jpg

Aw. They are adorable!

Bad, Molly, bad! Now do it again! :P

Aw your boy is so precious! I love the teles, especially the pirate!

Don't forget to QT!

All the new guys are in the 55 and being Prazi'd. :)

Oh my Gosh I am so excited for you :) I LOVE your new tank :) do you plan on raising it up any??Your little helper sure is a cutie ;) Loving all your new goldies and happy to see phinias & ferb in there new digs :)

No. It came with a stand, but I wanted it lower. The other side of the halfwall is my kitchen, and i don't want to look at filters and the back of the tank every time I'm at the sink.

Happy to enable!

Look how good Phineas and Ferb look! Love the new one but I have to admit that I'm. A little peeved that I wasn't with you. :D

Me too, Molly, but once we saw a pirate fish, we were in love. My son named it the very original Black Eye.

Look at all the Mini myng's :tomuch:

Love them! My Mrs. Wiggles is from Tommy also. I bet they are related! =) I love the tele with the black eye too.

My little black Pirate is part of the explosion of black ranchus from Tommy on Koko's -- we should have a virtual reunion for them all sometime! :)

Black Eye is adorable! I think calico teles are extra cute.

Oh wow! Very exciting! Everyone is looking great, including your little "helper" he is a cutie! :) I'm lovin' Black eye pirate fishy. :)

Very nice!! I love it!

About the drift wood, keep testing your pH! The fact that it is darkening the water means it is releasing tannins. The tannins are also responsible for drops in pH.

That is what happened in my betta tank with a small piece of driftwood. It crashed the pH down to 6.2 and made Donna pinecone a bit. The water also turned yellowish.

If you can, you should get a biiiig pot and boil this driftwood for a couple hours. Turn it upside down halfway through if it is too large to fit in the pot. :)

That way you will boil the tannins out and make the driftwood more safe.

If you can, you should get a biiiig pot and boil this driftwood for a couple hours. Turn it upside down halfway through if it is too large to fit in the pot. :)

That way you will boil the tannins out and make the driftwood more safe.

I boiled my new driftwood for 6 hours just to be safe :rofl

It is so nice to have your own personal enabler! They all are super cute, but I really want to steal the ranchu:)

Thanks, everyone. I am watching the fish closely and testing the ph.

Yes, I think all the latest black ranchus from Tommy are related. Aww, we're all in-laws now. :rofl

Yay! Congrats. Ol' Poof really is a monster compared to the others.

This is totally off topic but I would also like to add that I like your wall color. I painted my Kitchen a VERY similar color. :)

Yay! Congrats. Ol' Poof really is a monster compared to the others.

Lol! He is! He tends to swim around near the top, so he is like a giant black ominous shadow. If I had watched him for awhile, we might have named him Toothless.

This is totally off topic but I would also like to add that I like your wall color. I painted my Kitchen a VERY similar color. :)

Thanks! The living room is a darker green -- a little avacado, maybe -- and the kitchen is a brighter spring green, but the light from the glass door washed out my picture. I love decorating. :)

I think it would be fun to have an enabler live close!

I love your fish, tank and adorable little boy.

My Ace is also part of the Tommy clan.

Molly is fun, and I'm so glad we met. But I'm not sure where I can squeeze in more fish or tanks! :P

Ashlee18 recommended a light fixture on ebay, and I ordered one. It came yesterday, and it's just what I wanted.

6647420289_96715f7f59_z.jpg

I think it would be fun to have an enabler live close!

I love your fish, tank and adorable little boy.

My Ace is also part of the Tommy clan.

Shawn and I aren't that far :D. We'd be happy to drive down and enable :D

Shawn, the light looks nice.

Update! Yesterday, I planted about 100 crypts, vals and swords. There's a clump of vals behind the vase that are small. I'm hoping they will come back in the bright light on this tank.

I bought the vase from Acro, and it's covered with anubias nana. The driftwood has willow moss on the branch and on the back, young java fern on the top, and baby anubias nana on the body. There are a couple of free-floating anubias plants in there that will go in my other tank later.

On the left, I have three banana plants that I grouped in hopes that they would grow together and make a lily pad/mangrove forest. But the piggies moved them.

I have nine fish in this 55 temporarily while I buff my other tank, which I am supposed to be doing right now. ;) You can see that poor Poof, the new black ranchu, is the object of much desire right now. The poor thing is too sexy for her own good. :ehh

6679045381_94d6060dd9_b.jpg

6679045587_ab2732e8e1_z.jpg

6679045819_1f99402482_z.jpg

You can see how tattered Goldeen is in the last picture. He's such a bully that he keeps getting hurt!!

It's hard to tell, but there are about 20-30 crypts in the left corner, and I planted them individually. But the banana plants are shoved into them.