Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Charms

Betta tail damage

I've been out of town for a few days and hubby has been feeding everyone, says everyone has been fine.. I noticed that Roy Miller has some damage to his tail. He's in a 3g w/ a 10g filter baffled.. there is a small layer of substrate w/ some plants. I change his water every 4-7 days and will be getting more plants later this week... anyways this is the only pic I could get of him as he faces me when I'm at his tank. He's never flared at me before. I'll try to get better pics w/ my digital camera. If you can make out his tail; should I be worried about this?

d0365595-60da-362f.jpg

oh my he is Gorgeous :) is he a double tail?or is that the damage?? i always relied on good clean water for any fin problems with my bettas...if its tail biting I think some tank re arranging and lots of hiding places to explore should help along with good clean water ;)

I for some reason can't see the picture. But I have to agree. Nice clean water and more hiding places.

Good luck

Here are 2 more pics I was able to get... I'm not sure how helpful they are cause its the fins I'm worried about.. and thanks I also think he is so handsome!

d0365595-6525-1200.jpg

d0365595-6539-c8a3.jpg

This is his tank, smaller than I wish I could give him but that's all I got for now.

d0365595-658d-2c4d.jpg

I'm fine to do as many water changes as needed... how often do you recommend?

he is beautiful! But there aren't many hiding places in the tank and that may be strssful for him.

good luck!

I never thought a hiding place would be that big of a deal.. Poor dude. He had a little thing in his other tank but never used it so I took it out. I feel like a bad betta mom now. Lol. I'll get him a new hidey asap!

Hiding places are for him to rest. It can be anyhthing a cup. Or a fish tank item.

He is really lovely! Hope his tail recovers soon.

I agree about needing a 'hidey hole', it may help. But the water perams will really be helpful.

As soon as I get home today I'll get those posted!