Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Charms

Poodle grooming

9 posts in this topic

Ok I have had this min poodle 'Leia' in the German Trim for a grooming competition I participated in this past October... now that competition is done she's gotten pretty fuzzy. So

Ok I have had this min poodle 'Leia' in the German Trim for a grooming competition I participated in this past October... now that competition is done she's gotten pretty fuzzy. So

I can't help but having this nagging feeling that part of the story is missing. :D

Your right... I'm having phone issues... let's try again>

Ok I have had this mini poodle 'Leia' in the German Trim for a grooming competition I participated in this past October... now that competition is done she's gotten pretty fuzzy. So I wanted to do something cute and easily managed for her parents!

This is 6wks growth in the German Trim

d03655d7-decf-23da.jpg

And here she is in the fun and flirty 'Miami' or 'Clown' Trim!

d03655d7-e749-b406.jpg

d03655d7-e9c5-319c.jpg

Thoughts? Constructive criticism is always welcome.

(Also I know her back is roached, next grooming I will correct this flaw.) Thanks for looking!!

Edited by Charms

Awww that's kind of cute!

I got to admit though, I never was crazy about these "weird" hair cuts for poodles. But I know they do need their fur trimmed, so why not do something fun with it? :D

If I had a poodle, I'd evenly trim the fur all over, I guess. So I am absolutely no help, sorry! :rofl

I'm with Fang on this I wouldn't know one cut from the next ...but she sure is cute ;)

As a poodle owner for the last 14 years, I think she looks great! I'd let you groom my Josie girl any day! My only suggestion would be to make the poms on the front legs not go up quite so high so you get more of her leg line but I think she looks wonderful!

I see what you mean about the poms on the front... much importance is put on the front poms matching the height of the rear poms. Next time, along with fixing the apparent back roaching, I'll probably take the front lower and probably the back poms a smidge lower also.

I like it! love the pompoms on legs and ears. Less formal somehow than the French fifi cut (I'm not sure what it's really called, but I'm sure you know what I mean).

She's a cutie!

What is 'roached".

'Roaching' is where a dog stands with their back arched. Its a flaw.. so I shaved her body w/ a #2 comb all over. What I should've done was shaved her back w/ a #0 or a #1 comb (which are longer than the #2 comb)so the hair makes her look like she has a 'straight' top line and then you should scissor the topline into her body so it blends naturally. I was in a hurry today so I didn't take the time.. if you compare her back in the before pic it appears to be a straight line down to her tail.. in the after pics you can clearly see its arched.