Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CindyGen

New Oranda from Rain Garden

7887c.jpg

7887a.jpg

I don't know gender yet, should arrive with my pearlscale on Jan 6th. There are a couple more oranda on his site that I love, but I don't have room for them yet. Ya'll are probably sick of me posting pics of new fish, but I can't seem to help myself, I am totally addicted. It's a good thing I have two jobs!

Here is the video link while it's still active

http://youtu.be/AcxfVtS_hlw

Edited by CindyGen

Amazing. It's fins look like peony petals. Congrats!

Oh,it's beautiful-LOVE the tail :heart

Beautiful fish, Cindy! Congratulations! Orandas are my favs :P

We don't get sick of pics of beautiful goldfish!

Well I wasn't going to tell ya'll all because well I'm a little ashamed of my lack of self control, but I went out of town last weekend to a bigger city and went to a petstore there one of the chain stores, they had some pretty cute ones, and I came home with three of them. They didn't cost much, they are 3" - 4" and seem healthy in their QT. I got a red & white ryukin, a red & white oranda that has some shades that look pink, and a silverly blue looking young oranda. They are no where close to the quality of my RG fish, but I like them anyway. They are the cutest beggers, always trying to convince me they are STARVING! I am pretty sure they are all male and I named them Alvin, Simon, and Theodore - yes I have been watching Alvin and the Chipmunks on tv.

http://youtu.be/pLSq-baMtvY

The little red cap oranda that I got a couple of weeks ago in the no reserve GC auction has a name now too, thanks to Spillie :) she is now called Norma Jean.

http://youtu.be/WsD0ccDPduA

From now on though - I am going NOWHERE NEAR the fish tanks when I go into the petstore to pick up something because I want to get a few more Rain Garden fish! I'm waiting for the spring crop of veils and broadtails, and I want a couple more ryukins too.

Edited by CindyGen

Beautiful! :D

The Chipmunks & Norma Jean are all gorgeous. I actually think they have tons of potential, so it will be so much fun watching them transform :)

Oh, you got that one! I saw it and thought it was gorgeous, and I wasn't surprised when it was snapped up right away! :D Congrats!

I do wonder about the tail fin though, doesn't it look a little ragged on the edges to you? Did you ask Steve about it? Hopefully it's no big deal, but it probably wouldn't hurt to ask either, just to be safe.

It's an ABSOLSUTE stunner.

the fins remind me of the petals of an amaryllis flower.

AmaryllisOrangeSovereign.jpg

Beautiful! Just make sure you got enough room for all the fish :D

Not to worry, LOL I bought two more tanks, but I do have to stop now, I can't buy anything else until I get my 75 gal tank set up because I am saving space for that tank, but I won't be overstocking any of the tanks I have now with the new fish. I've even got a water change spreadsheet set up to make sure I don't miss changing anyone's water :)

Right now I have

26 gallon QT tank with 1 fish

59 gallon tank with 4 fish

10 gallon QT tank with 1 fish

20 gallon QT tank with 0 fish

20 gallon QT tank with 0 fish

30 gallon qt tank with 3 fish - I realize 3 is pushing it, but they are small and I'm changing water 2x a day

75 gallon tank awaiting paint job - hopefully monday when I am off work, the weather is supposed to be nice so I can paint it outside and let it dry before hauling it up the stairs

I have 3 fish shipping in on Jan 6th.

opps forgot about Dragon - I have a 5 gal with a betta in it too

AND OMG you know what I realized on my way to work this morning, yes I was in the car driving and thinking about my fish. I used to have 20+ horses, I am down to just 7 now, but I still have about 8 125 gallon rubbermaid water tanks that I used to use to water horses. They are sitting out in the barn in storage. I wish to heck I'd remembered them earlier LOL. Don't worry though I do NOT have room for them in the house now, so I am not trotting off to fill all of them with goldies.

I'm wondering if I could bury one in the yard and make a summer pond out of it though (I also have a big farm tractor with a front bucket for digging) ..... project to think about for next year LOL

Edited by CindyGen

Wow thats a very stunning fish, love those fins :thumb:

Congrats!!!The red and white from RG is Gorgeous :) lovely tail :) and I also like your little blue :)

Congratulations, you got a very nice oranda.

Shell I'm not sure he will stay blue, but I'm hoping

The tail is beautiful and I love how vibrant its redness is :)

Thanks, I have been so happy with all the fish I have gotten from RG, I bought a couple from petsmart and a couple from GC, but I keep going back to Rain Garden for the majority of them because Steve just has such nice fish and great customer service. I am sitting on my hands right now because there are two other orandas on his site that I really would love to buy, but I just don't have the room for them at the moment.

Edited by CindyGen

They are all gorgeous! You have great taste in fish :)

Nice Oranda, but I think there is a lot of damage to all his fins.. Is this transport damage?

No he has not shipped it yet, my female veil looked like she had some too, but she is fine. I don't really worry about Steve's fish, I know they will be healthy and if I'm not happy he will make it right. She'll be in QT for a long time anyway because my new bigger tank won't be cycled for a while.

OMG that Oranda is absolutely stunning. :)