Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Abz

Bully Fish...

Hey Guys,

I currently have two fish in my tank. Faith (Gold Nymph) and Knight (Black Moor). As soon as i got Knight i noticed he has a bit of an attitude problem. This doesnt bother me except for the fact that i think he is bullying Faith when i feed them so she isnt getting enough and he is probably getting more then his fair share. How can i control this situation so both fish get food?

Abz

Good names for your goldfish! :)

When you feed your goldfish in the morning, night, whenever, watch them. Which one gets the most food? When all the food is gone, and you've determined who gets the most food or all the food, now you have to figure out a way to help Faith more food. My suggestion is you try to sink the food closest to where Faith is, and farther away from Knight. This may help, but I'm sure many people on the board have better ones. Good luck!

I think that maybe you should look at Faith's poop as weird as that sounds. :rofl If her poop is really thin and long than she's probably stressed and really not eating well. But if her poop is medium to short chunky poop than she's probably okay. :hi

Edited by Athena

If you can sink your food all at one time, then it will be coming down all to faast so your bully fish won't have a chance to eat all of it and your other one will get a chance.

Thanks guys,

By sinking the food all at once at the end of the tank faith occupys she is now getting as much food as knight. :panana

Abz

Guest OrandaSparkles

ok problemn i am going through the samn situation i have a black moor and a oranda and guess whos the bully? :rolleyes: the moor and ive done the sinking food thing and he does 90 mph and even gets it on the top in the middle and on the bottom lol should i put my oranda in a bowl to see if he eats and then put him back in the tank im naming him piglet!!!! :angry: i think my oranda may be blind the food sinks goes right by his face and he dosent try to eat it lmao but he seems fine and happy hrmmmm.

Edited by OrandaSparkles

Hey OrandaSparkles,

yeah. Both my fish are getting enough food now. But my black moor knight has always seemed to be grumpy or bully my other fish faith who is slightly smaller than him. I think black moors are just generally grumpy? Someone tell me if i am wrong but thats all i have seen.

Abz :P

I have 2 moors and 2 calicos and the moors are both really slow to eat. I think it has to due to their poor eye site. I always put a little feed on both ends of the tank, if you just have two fish the bully can't cover both ends at the same time.