Sign in to follow this  
purple

! Desperate !

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone on this board live in the Houston, Texas??? I am in dire need of medicated food from Goldfish Connection... I'll reimburse whoever, if they can help me!

I won't be able to make it to any shops for anti-biotics until tomorrow afternoon, but even then I'll be "making" my own medicated food... and I don't think anything will be as good as GC med-food.

I need to treat a fish that will probably start swelling with dropsy very soon tomorrow... if anyone can help, please leave a message...

Thanks in advance...

In my experience, salt has not helped dropsy whatsoever in any of my fish, pineconing or on the verge of swelling... but thanks for your reply anyway!

I want you to be aware droopsy is dangerous and can be fatal. anyway feed it peas, I hear those are great for clearing out consipation

Yes, but dropsy isn't related to constipation so feeding peas won't help Purple's fish. Good thought though. :)

Purple - if you call GFC and explain it's urgent they will normally ship meds out immediately so you should get them within 24 hours. Fingers crossed for you and your fish. :)

Really??? Is it better to call or email? I would feel like I'm bothering if I called... Maybe there is hope for my common after all... Thanks, everyone, for your posts...

Hi Purple,

I wouldn't worry about bothering them--it is an emergency for you. Koko has a fish that gets dropsy occasionally and she has brought her back by heating the tank to 80 degrees as well as the medicated food.

There are members in Texas but I don't know about Houston and Texas is such a big state. And I don't even know if they would have some Medi-gold.

Good luck with your fish.

Guest PeachesCat

email and call! Do both. Emergency's are emergency's and you gotta make sure you get through!