Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lovely_Goldfish

I Bought More Fish Food

On the way home, I went to pets supermarket :D I noticed they had "glofish" for 5 bucks each. They looked like zebra danios with a reddish glow. Some had more red than others, a few had no glow that I could see! I looked in the gourmi tank, ooooooh so many cute ones, some quite little! B) then I looked in the black moor tank, half of them had some white abnormalities on them. velvet disease? damaged scale? the moors were about 1.5 inches and a few had very little or no bulging eyes, they looked like normal black fantails! Is it possible that some of them didnt get the gene for telescope eye so they were culled for that reason and sold to petstores? I may buy one of those in the future when I have more room, ill have to make sure its 100% healthy too. black moors gene pool is messed up and weak, hope I have luck. They had a bunch of small and large assorted fancies. I also saw 2-3 inch commons. Then I looked in the feeder tank, OMG like 2000 fish crammed in that 75 gallon tank! it was a solid orange mass with fish touching fish. fin to fin to fin! Those fish were quite small too(mine musta grown cause there much bigger!) measuring just over half an inch to just over an inch, most just under an inch! perhaps 3/4 inch? I saw one with translucency(shubunkin genes?) and another with a doubbled lower half tail(fantail reccessive genes?) If I had room, id rescue 12 of those feeders

i no how u feel i wish pet stores would keep betta care of the *Feeder* fish but i gess they dont because they r ment 4 food 4 other pets.

and when I added 3 of these feeder goldfish, to help cycle my tank, all they did was to bring Ick into the tank.... these fish,unfortunately, because so many of them are kept in a relatively small tank, harbour disease. I've learned from making that mistake again!

Then I looked in the feeder tank, OMG like 2000 fish crammed in that 75 gallon tank! it was a solid orange mass with fish touching fish. fin to fin to fin!

Now you know what it's like on the Subway in Midtown Manhattan during rush hour! :wacko: