Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Tell us what YOU did for your goldies today :-)

cleaned all the brown algae that grew since the last time I cleaned it a week ago! :no: It's amazing how fast that stuff grows!

Today is the first time in close to four months that I noticed one of my goldfish taking a small nip at another goldfish.

For a few days now I noticed that one of my goldfish had a small tear in it's tail. I kept my eye on that small tear thinking it could be fin rot or tattered fins.

Today I know the small tear was caused by another fish nipping.

Today is first time ever I've noticed ANY KIND of agressive behavior from ANY of the fishes.

gave them a tiny slice of orange for the first time.. they don't seem to understand what it is haha.

Gosh I worked all day & got home kinda late so all I did was feed them!! ( Oh & right now I am enjoying how pretty they are! )

Today is the first time in close to four months that I noticed one of my goldfish taking a small nip at another goldfish.

For a few days now I noticed that one of my goldfish had a small tear in it's tail. I kept my eye on that small tear thinking it could be fin rot or tattered fins.

Today I know the small tear was caused by another fish nipping.

Today is first time ever I've noticed ANY KIND of agressive behavior from ANY of the fishes.

Keep an eye on that. It could be a sign of a sick fish. :(

I also tried oranges today. The spouse unit was cutting up oranges for a party and I grabbed a half slice. I removed the rind and cut it up into 5-6 smaller slices. The orange bits barely hit the water before my three orandas went NUTZ! They actually fought over pieces, slung them around, pushed each other around... I was amazed at how ferocious they got! I had been concerned that there would be orange bits all over the tank that would need netting out. After 45 minutes there was zero orange residue! The three spent the next hour digging and sorting through the gravel with a vigor that I had never seen before. I wish I had gotten a vid!

I gave mine a new tank mate, Giorgio, my new veiltail :) They also got a new canister filter. That makes it 2 100 gl canisters and two hob for 100 gl... and then I fed them :)

I gave them some duckweed. The new ranchu Poof was not an immediate fan -- I saw her spit out a big mouthful. I think she even said, "Eww, veggies." :)

Edited by ShawneeRiver

Today I did a good sized water change. Really gave the gravel a good going over. I rearranged some of the decor.

Now I am enjoying their lovelyness!!

I gave them some duckweed. The new ranchu Poof was not an immediate fan -- I saw her spit out a big mouthful. I think she even said, "Eww, veggies." :)

:rofl

So far today I've just fed my newbies some NLS pellets (NOM) and my oldies :lol a bunch of Jump Start. I have been trying to train them to eat out of my hand, but so far only Ethel and Sally will do it. Fred looks like he reeeeeeally wants to but he chickens out at the last minute. :P Going to do a water change on the QT here in a minute. :)

I fed them and said bye......we are on the road now.

I gave them a clean out - wiped down the sides, cleaned the plants and rocks, rinsed the filters.. but was unable to do much of a water change because the nitrates are 20 out the tap! I will wait and see if they drop soon before taking out more water.

This morning I fed some frozen bloodworms and it was a feeding frenzy :] My man's parents are in town and oohed and aahed over their flowy fins as they ate. It was a nice moment :] I love it when non fish keepers really appreciate the beauty of your goldies!

80% water change woo! I can feel my arms getting stronger... each bucketload feels less heavy by the week haha.

I didn't do a water change. Boil water alert is out. And I stopped feeding them. That's what I have done for them this week.

Not a whole lot as it's fast day today .. I still feel mean haha!

50% water change, cleaned the algae off the walls, took all of the anubias out and cleaned each and every leaf (tore one :( ), scrubbed down all of the flowers beads. Then we had bloodworms. All in all a good day.

Did a 40% WC and I decided that I will fast them today :)

Tried a new method of doing a 'water change' today..! My tap nitrates are just being silly at the moment (20 for the past few days) and the betta is creeping around 10 now. I managed to squeeze in a change for the goldies when the tap was at 10, but not the betta. So today everything in his tank got a little clean as I would normally do, and I vaccuumed the gravel till about 80% of the water was out. Got a spare filter stuffed with fine sponge, and filtered out the muck, put the water back in! Crazy stuff :P

fed them bloodworms. love it when they come and nibble on my finger haha so cuuuute.

did a proper clean, scraped all the algae off the bottom and sides, and rinsed all the rocks and fake plants of all the muck/algae they accumulated too. looks so nice now :D

Water change day. Will take a look around and see if any of the eggs stuck. The minnows spawned last night as well, providing tasty snacks for everyone.

If this keeps up, I'll be able to stop feeding pellets!! (not really, but they sure do like those egg-y snacks).

Water change. Clean filter. Got a new Air Pump and got a new Power head :thumb:

75% water change, wiped down sides of the tank, then fed them their new Saki Hikari food. They gobbled it right up!!