Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Tell us what YOU did for your goldies today :-)

I installed a pump! It's a bit loud though, so I think I might see if I can exchange it for a different brand.

I also fed them bloodworms for the first time. They were confused at first, but once they tried them they couldn't get enough.

just tried to give them a new background but it went horribly wrong... will try again later, after I empty most of the tank lol.

Went and got a new heater at 7:30PM ( I love my goldfish that much) cause there other heater crapped out and there tank dropped to 66F :scared: :cold:

Broccoli for dinner! They liked it so much they knocked both veggie clips off the side of the tank and are now chasing the clips around the bottom of the tank.

Scrubbed the Algae off the glass :thumb:

Today I cleaned the newly set up 36 and planted my new plants. The vals look great, but the crypts are all bent. They don't look unhealthy, just flatten, like a big wind came and blew them down. They looked fine when I got them, so mybe it's because they were floating loose for a few days. :idont

Gravel vacuumed a huge amount of poop from the temp Goldie tank. Last night was blueberry treat night :D

Feeding, water changes and prazi for all the tanks today. I have to also figure out why there is air in the fluval canister. It is driving me crazy.

I FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got my "new to me" 75 gallon set up and partially filled. I am leaking checking a final time before filling it all the way up. I hope to have the fish in it by this weekend. I am really excited about it!

Hhhmmm, I guess basically I left them home to swim in their beautiful well kept home while I went to work so I can afford to keep it that way! :P

Water change and then work to pay for it all.

Realized they are being over fed. Need to cut back on the food...but it's so fun to feed them things!

oh well.

Gave them a big water change.

Water change and peas. I tried to fix their light, but the new fixture apparently is broken already.

the changing of the tank water was last night, My hubby has two tanks (beautiful cichlid tanks) and I have the goldfish, today ALL FISH got a treat, mine got orange and Tim's got SHRIMP! They absolutely love shrimp and we enjoy watching them eat it (a treat for us to watch).

We both are members on O-fish.com and Tim is an advice member. :D

Well it is Fasting day so no treats ;) But Tomorrow they will be moving into their new 55 gallon Tank :) :) and have some pea's as well ;)

I removed the "pond filter" from my teles tub. I hated how it collected gunk underneath it. Instead, I split almost all the media up and stuffed it into two internal filters, that still do the required 10x filtration rate. With all the extra room (the pond filter box took up about 25% of the tub volume) I moved Banana in with them. Interestingly Kupo is not harassing her, like he did with just about every other goldfish :D

Not goldfish, but I moved two of the otos to the betta tank, and they already are having a BLAST with all the algae there. :D

Changed Lucy's water (that's an almost every day thing though :lol) and tested the big tank's water. Tests look good! I was afraid I'd get a cycle bump but so far so good.

Water change... LARGE water change... scrubed algae, and started teaching the chain gang how to hand feed. Brains is getting it, Mischief sorta understands... when I shove the food in his face, lol... Gill and Vesper aren't so sure it's a good idea to be THAT close to my hand, and Tigger wants nothing to do with it. In the process of teaching them hand feeding, I'm also trying to teach them that it's OK if I lift them out of the tank briefly... I want them to be less scared of my hands in general, but this one is mostly for Brains atm, she's too big for my fish net these days, and I think it's dumb to buy a new one when I can just teach her to be lifted by hand... the others need to learn this too because while they have not YET outgrown the net, most of them probably will. So far, Mischief's winning on this one... and I've discovered that Brains is a 2hander to do it safely, lol.

Fed them a leaf of steamed chard. They all love it. Even the littles get in there and take tiny bites.

I've been feeding them less - skipping their veggie treat a few times a week. They were so healthy from being fed only once a day while I was away for a month. When I came back and started feeding them 2x per day, Fluffy started floating, and they had funny poops. I am afraid the small fish will not grow very well with less food, but need to keep Fluffy healthy too.

Moved five of them from smaller QT tanks into their new 60 gal tank although if that ryukin doesn't stop harrassing the big oranda, he may shortly find himself back in the QT tank.

Water change.