Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Tell us what YOU did for your goldies today :-)

Went home and did a water change.

Today i did three WCs on three tanks, scrubbed algae, planted some vals, fed frozen brine shrimp for the first time, and fed oranges. The old gang loved the orange, but the noobs in qt didn't seem to care.

The temperature is dropping to near freezing tonight, so I had to bring my fancies inside. They are in a 50 gallon stock tank with no insulation. I pumped out most of the water and got my husband and son to carry the tank into the house. Fishies were not pleased, particularly since I had taken their water down to the point that their dorsals were out of the water and then they got sloshed around. After I added some more water and offered them some peas they felt much better. The guys outside didn't get peas tonight and won't get fed tomorrow either, but they'll be too sleepy to care.

Gave the goldies a big water change today to get out the prazi. Going to do another round in a few days. That was a LOT of water changing.

I fed oranges and peas and got another friend.

(yesterday)

Water changes on some of the tanks, feeding cucumber and Saki Hikari, some blood worms to the little guys. :)

Pretty much a vacation day for me. I threw tarps over the ponds to keep the temperature from going down too fast, and only the five fish inside got fed.

(yesterday) I bought a new tank for them! I reckon it's about 20-25 gallons but I'm not entirely sure. will be transferring them over on Friday, when hopefully Alistair's filters arrive :D

Did water changes today, added salt back into one tank and hopefully the QT will be cycled tomorrow and i will begin the first round of prazi on it. I followed the instructions on Tithras YouTube video and made gel food for the firtst time. It turned out really well I think. I was curious and almost gave it a tased, until i remembered that i had put some jump start pellets in there. Near miss. The fish seem to enjoy it, and if I kind of roll it into a ball it doesn't make much mess at all.

Today I spent more than a few hours sterilizing some fish stuff, and organizing all my fish stuff storage drawers. I ended up throwing lots of unecessary stuff away, and listing a bunch of things on Craigslist to sell. Now the fish stuff drawers are much more organized and nice! Then I did a huge water change on the 75 gallon tank along with a thorough sump cleaning, and then on the 55 gallon tank too. I wanted to change the betta tank too, but I'll have to do that tomorrow. Oh and when I was organizing stuff, I found some algae wafers I had forgotten about, so the fish all got a special treat! :)

Bleached my filters, decorations, equipment and tank. Fishless cycle here I come...!

Just finished a good sized water change on the 90 gallon tank AND the 29 gallon tank!

Changed out all the filter media in my canister on the big goldie tank. Fed them peas and some soaked Pro Gold. Changed the water in my betta tank and cleaned and did a w/c on my guppies' Fluval Edge. Everybody's so happy. Whoever invented those magnetic tank scrubbers needs some sort of nobel prize.

I made them a new batch of gel food! New recipe, spinach, peas, blood worms, brine shrimp and a jar of baby food (root vegetables) YUMMY!!!!!!!! :D

water changes and cleaned out filters. whew.

Big water changes all around, and I wiped down the walls and cleaned the ornaments in the 55g. Prazi for the 55g. Salt for Fred and Lucy. Most of Fred's spots are already gone. :clapping:

I am contemplating moving Marilou soon. She's doing fantastic, no problems, and I might need room for a new quarantine. :))

Today I gave them some live food. Which they love.

Watched them on my web cam. But get to go home tomorrow so you all well get to see me do water changes and clean the tank some. May even take some more recordings for when the cam goes down.

I moved them from their 20 gal long to their 40 gal breeder! Yay!! And then treated them with a few bloodworms. They are still busy exploring. :panana

Just finished a nice sized water change on the 90 gal Goldie tank & the 29 gal Tiger Barb tank. AND I have some Bloodworm thawing in a little cup o' tank water!!!!

Fresh water AND Bloodworms....what a life!!!

Gave them more room. Moved them back to the 55 gallon.

did a mahoooosive water change, and took out gravel... christ the amount of muck hidden under that from the previous owners! I don't think they EVER gravel-vac'd. :(

goldies both got a water change and some romaine today :)

Water changes on all the smaller tanks, did a full cleaning of the cory fry tank (removed the little ones into a tub and rinsed the entire tank including TMS and filter media). Fed everyone brine shrimp.

Bought £25 worth of gravel for their new tank. (^_^)