Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Tell us what YOU did for your goldies today :-)

It's piggie fasting day today, water change day tomorrow. Tomorrow I'm thinking about giving them some lettuce or spinach.

I made my fishies in the front pond very happy today. I was just sitting down to feed them and my arm brushed the can of pellets sitting on the pond edge, knocking it over. Most of the pellets didn't go into the pond, but probably 2-3 tablespoonfuls did. The fish were in heaven, slurping up multiple big pellets at once. Since they were floating pellets, I recovered some, leaving them on the pond edge to dry. The fish were able to finish off all of their treat in a few minutes and then found a hiding place on the bottom to digest, and digest, and digest ...

They didn't care about this, but I did get them a new pump today. The old one has been losing power and leaving some fine debris in the pond.

Today I get to go home and do water changes for mine. And feed soem treats while I am there. Most days all I can do is think about them.

I did a 75% water change (my biggest ever), fasted my fish and added some Epsom salt.

Did a 30% water change on both tanks. I usually do 25% every other day, but I wanted to do just a bit more on the 70 gallon because even though it seems to be fully cycled, it's still fairly new.

Added some snails to my 70 gallon and ordered some driftwood for this tank. The snails seem calm, but my goldies are in mating mode. I think they think it's spring LOL ;)

Water changes on the 55 and 20, feeding them all cucumber slices and mysis shrimp :)

Today I did a 50% water change for them and gave them some oranges. YUM!

Today, my babies are getting a water change.

WC today. :)

Last dose of prazi added today. Had just enough in the bottle and didn't have to open the new one. Super score!!

I gave my goldies a pea for the first time but they ignored it :C maybe they don't know it's food yet?! I'm pretty sure I did it all right: thawed and shelled it, cut it up into goldie mouth-sized pieces, sprinkled into tank... Stephen Hawking did try a bit after it sank down but spat it out again...? ungrateful haha :<

I gave my goldies a pea for the first time but they ignored it :C maybe they don't know it's food yet?! I'm pretty sure I did it all right: thawed and shelled it, cut it up into goldie mouth-sized pieces, sprinkled into tank... Stephen Hawking did try a bit after it sank down but spat it out again...? ungrateful haha :<

Try gently mashing it between your fingers next time. Not totally mashing, just a bit, so it is even softer and easier to eat :)

Well.....fed them before I left for work & again when I got home! I'll do better tomorrow....big water change & more food!!

50% WC with some brand-spankin'-new Seachem Prime (thanks Stakos for all your help!), some peas, and a photo-shoot...

...well, okay, maybe that last one wasn't so much for him as for his well-being, but he didn't seem to mind for once. ;)

it's a saturday morning here so i did an 80% water change ( wc i think they dont like) and they will all be fasted today.

Goldies got grapes/spinach and salmon/veggie gel food today, betta got the gel food and some betta pellets :)

Tested the goldies' water - all good except I'm not sure whether there is trace ammonia there or not. I have issues distinguishing the yellow and really yellowy/green on the API test.. no matter which tank or water source I test there always seems to be a slight green tint to it .. so either my eyes are no good or there's trace ammonia everywhere!

Awhile back I cut the small cone shaped intake strainers off of my THREE Aquaclear 110 filters. I replaced them with nice big strainers made for Penguin filters. They didn't fit snug so I made a "gasket" out of a rubberband & meant to redo it somehow.

We went out today for lunch with my sons & they needed something from Hme Depot so I got some aquarium silicone!

I glued the strainers to the tube. Right now I am letting them dry completely. So to be able to keep my filters running I put a Knee Hi stocking over the intakes!! You can JUST imagine how lovely THAT looks! Oh well, ya' gotta do what 'cha gotta do!!

So I am making the goldie world a safer place!!!

Edited by Jeana727

I'm going to get their new tank tonight! WEEE!

Try gently mashing it between your fingers next time. Not totally mashing, just a bit, so it is even softer and easier to eat :)

tried that and they loved it! thank you :D

Salmon/veggie gel food all round for lunch, betta pellets/red pepper and lettuce for dinner. Tested the betta's water and the tap water. Did a clean out and 50% change on the goldies :)

Did a BIG water change. REALLY cleaned the gravel!! Nothin' like a bunch of fresh water & clean gravel to make goldies happy!!

I was feeding my goldfish this morning and I think I came up with a new clever slogan. :carrot:

"My golden children has fins!!!!!!!!"

Edited by larryngu

Fed them a bit of mashed peas.

Cleaned the glass.

Changed the water and replaced the wool in one of the filters with a sponge.

For fun I hand fed them a bit of frozen bloodworms and for the first time my newest baby black moor ate from my hands :D

Lunch was brocolli for the goldies, betta pellets for Angus. Did a 20% change on the goldies, and a full clean and 50% change on the betta. Just about to give them dinner, which will be bloodworms :)

Love this topic guys :D so good to see so many of you spoiling the little fishies,lol.

Today I spent 2 hours cleaning my fish tank. One is a goldfish tank so I threw away dead plants, hoovered, scrub the glass rearranged the tank to keep it interesting for them, and fed them some bread and peas.

Spent the next hour cleaning my neon tetra/guppy tank. Accidentally drop the pint glass which I use to get the water out and chipped the edge of my tank right in the middle. Spent the next 1 hour crying over it. *sigh* (the tank is a fluval edge and its now ruined. RUINED~~~ :doh11: )

Edited by Cococatz