Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Tell us what YOU did for your goldies today :-)

^ And I get real enjoyment out of finding any poop that may have gotten trapped in a plant leaf or behind a rock... it's like a mini treasure hunt!
In my head I hear Steve Irwin saying this. "Right every body, today we're searching for Poo! Krikey! I found some!!" I do have to agree that. Water changes are kind of relaxing for me too.

i finally did something for my goldfish :), cleaned their tanks, and bought an ammonia monitor for each of their tanks, since we've been having some slight ammonia problems lately. thats my fault for not cleaning their tanks though, at least now i dont have to spend 10 minutes doing the drop test.

What a neat topic! I'm not a big blogger, but this is like tweeting about your goldfish :rofl

Fed everyone veggie gel food and later on blood worms.

Went to Fintastic to get more Gold Buffer.

Did my regular 85% w/c on the teles boys tank.

Discovered that the little guys shredded Blacky Fishie's tail (There were issues with the filter in her tub, I had to go to work and didn't want to leave her without filtration, so I placed her in the baby tub for half a day, thinking that she'd be fine in there since the teles boys are really sexually harassing her anymore, and she seems to delicate too be in with the big fish. I saw the little guys being up her rear but assumed this was curiosity. It probably was, and additionally they seemed to think her big flowy tail was some sort of toy :doh11: ) so I apologized to her a million times and added .1% salt.

I go to Fintastic! I live in Ballantyne/Marvin!

we have a small fish store here called Fintastics too lol

They were fed and ohhhed at by my brother. He thinks they are huge monsters. Then I bought them more food.

Just did 75% water change, wiped sides. Lots of poop under the glass floral frog holding the bubble disc down, bubblers attract poop. LOL

bubblers attract poop. LOL

tell me about it.. no sooner do you do a wc and those bubbles attract any loose particle in the tank!

I changed water in two tanks, tested water before and after, fed them some spirulina flakes, and thought about replanting Gastone's plants..... maybe tomorrow.

bubblers attract poop. LOL

tell me about it.. no sooner do you do a wc and those bubbles attract any loose particle in the tank!

Yup, and because it ends up under the glass frog weight it doesn't get stirred up by the fish to be sucked into the filters, so it stays there until I vacuum it. Ugh...

Right after I fed the fishies this morning, my husband said he was ready to pull out his table saw and cut some blocks for me. The blocks top the liner around the edge of the pond. I can cut blocks, but I suck at it and waste a lot of material, so I was really happy to get him to do it, and they turned out great. While he was cutting, I finished the water tank for my automatic water change system and started it dripping water into the pond. Then I drilled some holes in what will be the bottom level of a small trickle tower and set it up.

Then I observed that the water flow from the filter was reduced, so I turned off the pump and pulled the prefilter to clean it. I finished, put the pump back in the prefilter, dropped it in the pond, turned it on and it wouldn't start. This has been happening lately. When I turn off the pump the impeller sticks. I take it apart, clean the impeller and its housing, put it back together, test it, put it back in the pond and it may or may not work. It took enough tries this time that I decided it's time to get a new pump. We got this one 6 or 7 years ago for the old water garden before we had fish so it's done its duty.

Meanwhile the fishies were a bit confused. I usually don't spend that much time around the pond when it wasn't feeding time. They knew it wasn't time for supper, but just in case the peas were coming early, they kept following me around the pond.

After getting in some yard work, I gave them their peas and came in the house.

Tonight I'm going to start scraping the old silicone out of the 55 gallon tank. I sure hope they appreciate this! LOL

Whoa!!! You guys are such great doting parents. :thumb:

Saturday evening water changes and glass cleanings. Then weekly bath time for me. :clapping:

Tonight I made gel food using agar agar and I added Koi-clay! It will be interesting to see how they do with it (the koi-clay) They've been enjoying the agar agar for a while.

I fed mines today. :carrot:

Had staring contest man! Thoswe guys cannot be BEAT

Today lunch was veggie and salmon gel food for betta and goldfish, dinner was betta pellets for Angus and pieces of lettuce and pepper for the goldies.

Tested the water (goldie tank and tap) - nitrates out the tap were only 5, lowest they've been in ages! Today was clean out day for the goldies, so filters cleaned, all algae scrubbed, any dead leaves pulled off plants, and a 70% water change, and all the glass cleaned. Lovely and shiny now :D

Mine got fed today (after water changed day fasting). Omega One pellets. And they got admired by moi. LOL

I've had my fishies for a little over a month now.

Today, I noticed that they still don't have any diseases.

Knock on wood.

I've had my fishies for a little over a month now.

Today, I noticed that they still don't have any diseases.

Knock on wood.

You've passed the most critical time-frames of having a new fish IHO.

@ Au-fish. Thank you for the reassuring words.

I also noticed two of my (inch long) fantails had a little bit of a growth spurt too. :carrot:

Today lunch was broccolli for the goldies, pellets for the betta. Dinner was frozen bloodworms for all :) Tested the betta's water, and later will do a 20% change on the goldies, and a 50% change and clean on the betta tank :)

Today I tested the water on both tanks and fed them - pellets for Fluffy and littles. Then the littles got a piece of spinach in their clip. I'm so proud of them for learning how to eat veggies off the clip! Even the minnows get in the act.

On Saturday, I took apart all the filters and installed a new Fluval 405 in the 55 gallon tank. I moved the Fluval 204 to the little's 20 gallon qt tank. Then did big wc on each tank. It took all afternoon and I was exhausted afterwards, but so worth it. It is so much quieter in the fishroom, I mean living room, and the water is crystal clear. All the fish were swimming around so quickly afterwards.

Today, the levels are good - 0, 0, and 5 in both tanks. No cycle bump from shifting the filters, thank goodness.

I know this is late, but my laptop wasn't working :(

I'm very happy because today I did a 25% water change in both my goldfish tanks, and I replaced my Whisper 60 HOB filter with a Fluval 306 canister filter, so now I have a Penguin 350, Fluval 306, and two Hydro Sponge IV filters in my 75 gallon tank :nana

Rose, my Oranda, is so cute. She keeps swimming into the current coming from the output. She has a bad case of piscine ADHD, so the change is good for her.

Just kept them fed today! Brine shrimp and vegetable gel food :)

Fed the finkids with their very first serving of ProGold. Many, had no idea that stuff broke apart so quickly. The finkids are running wild with each trying to get more mouthfuls than the other. This is my first time ever using ProGold, have read good things about it, will wait to see. Oh, and check out my More Eggs post. :wacko:

Well it was the day before... But lets see :)

Cleaned the filters :)

TD Rinsed and placed Moon sand in there :thumb:

Added a back ground to the tank :)