Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Tell us what YOU did for your goldies today :-)

Feed watched Bragged about my babbies

I fed 'em...just like I do every morning and every evening...but judging by how they reacted, this is the first time they've ever seen food ;)

It's somewhat hilarious. They completely freak out when it's dinner time. You'd think I starve the poor things, hahaha

I cleaned the 180 and bought two new butterfly telescope! One calico and one red/white!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

The goldies and the betta got brine shrimp for lunch, and veggie gel food for dinner, Angus got betta pellets. Tested both tanks, and the tap water. Did a water change on the betta tank, and ordered some wormer plus and a new nitrate test kit. Quite a productive day :)

They got a big WC (80 percent? 90 percent? who really knows? ;) ) and tank scrub. I also cleaned the AC thoroughly. Then I did WCs in the QT tank, the betta tank and glofish tank. Whew! That's a lot of water!

Made a fresh batch of gel food, cut it into tiny cubes, fed them several times, did w/c on some of the tanks, added koi clay to all my tanks just before (even the trops), took photos, made a new goldfish signature gif.

I think that's it!

Gave them some yummy gel food and made some more...not that it is any better than the last batch...

Edited by Narny105

Set up the tank for fry, continued to try and train the goldies to hand feed with a green bean (which Marilou LOVED), moved my 55 g from the dining room to my office (oh the search for a four-foot place with an open electrical outlet :rofl), gave it a quick clean, filled it up, put Johnny and June in there, salted them, then tried to carefully remove white eggs from a gigantic plant with about a million leaves with one or two eggs on each one. Got about 20 before I gave up.

I am so done with today.

Drove an hour to town to pick up a NZ version of a python, which hadn't arrived. Sooo I just bought Prime and some omega one sinking pellets, which everyone seems to like :D

50% water change on both tanks. Reorganised the 160L so there's less dead spots. FINALLY redecorated the 120L and now it has plants *O*

I did a 90% water change. Added bio rings to my hob filter and added purigen. I also bought filter floss instead of the carbon filters. Then they had Hikari Lion head for dinner. They are swimming around very happy. I'm on the hunt to get a new buddy for Misty and Digger. I've been looking at Rain Garden, Dandy Oranda and Goldfishnet. The one I really really wanted from Goldfishnet sold already :( So I'm trying to decide if I should wait until next week to see what everyone has or get one of the cuties from one of these places. Where does everyone get their goldys? Our LFS doesn't have any and the only other place is Petco.

I know there are a couple other people around here from the Portland OR area, do you know of any good LFS in Portland area to get nice orandas?

Thank you, Jaime

Did a 50% water change. Cleaned up all the walls for them. Bloodworms for lunch. Maybe some homemade food for dinner. :)

Kuma is always happy to have water change. Always chase me around. :)

Picked up some new anubias and little sword plant for the goldfish tanks... they're in qt till morning ;)

I fed them homemade gel food

I changed 50% of their water

I cleaned the bottom of the tank

I made sure everything is working as it should

I salted their tank (round 3) since I see ich ...

I turned on their lights this morning, watched them for a bit, soaked some pellets, and then gave them breakfast. :D

Fed him bloodworms for the first time, he was sooo excited :teehee

I bought a new tank for them! :D Can't wait to set it up.

And I will be feeding them later, of course :3

Bought a 4 in 1 frozen food pack for my commons/comets and telescopes. Loved the brine shrimp and bloodworms and had an "if I have to" attitude towards eating wwhatever the green/blue stuff was.

I also added a sponge filter to one of the tanks, it was the only one that wasn't over-filtered and/or didn't have a 2nd filter.

Edited by sallimsayin

What I did for them (not today, but yesterday) is taking them away from the lps and giving them a home... :D

Was looking at MagFloats at the petstore & my hubby said I think I can get you a better price online if you're not in a huge hurry. I said No hurry I can wait. Shoot, it'll be here 1st of next week & it's bigger than the one I was looking at!!!! AND cheaper AND Free shipping!!!

I love my MagFloat but the other one I have is kinda crappy...doesn't float & really doesn't clean very well! I'll be glad to be able to chunk that other one soon!!!!!!!!

Well, I feed them...a little more than I usually do...they seemed to enjoy it XD

Um. Today I tried to shut up the air pump. (Finally got it) I also am going to try to get to Petsmart today to exchange the pump. Other than that I researched a lot about gf care for some new goldies I'm getting soon.

* Just been going through some old stuff and I stumble upon this thread *

* Begins to blow off the dust and cleans off the cobweb *

*Cough*

Edited by larryngu

I'm giving Goldy a water change.

I moved my babies into the 36 with the heater since it is getting cold :cold: and they need to grow big and strong! :flex: I also have been hand feeding them 3 times a day and since digestion is easier at 70+ degrees I set their tank to a nice 72 degrees (: They look a lot happier

I'm stopping by home depot to buy some materials to add a drain to my pond. Need to get everything prepared for rain, since the forecasts are looking dreary next week! :)