Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
larryngu

Tell us what YOU did for your goldies today :-)

Keeping the goldies happy and healthy demands work. But it's a labor of love. :wub:

Just for fun, tell us what you did (whatever you did) for your goldies today.

Today , I did a water test.....

.........changed a third of the water in the tank.

....... I also fed them too.

Fed them and changed 50% of their water. I also have been raising all their little children.

What a neat topic! I'm not a big blogger, but this is like tweeting about your goldfish :rofl

Fed everyone veggie gel food and later on blood worms.

Went to Fintastic to get more Gold Buffer.

Did my regular 85% w/c on the teles boys tank.

Discovered that the little guys shredded Blacky Fishie's tail (There were issues with the filter in her tub, I had to go to work and didn't want to leave her without filtration, so I placed her in the baby tub for half a day, thinking that she'd be fine in there since the teles boys are really sexually harassing her anymore, and she seems to delicate too be in with the big fish. I saw the little guys being up her rear but assumed this was curiosity. It probably was, and additionally they seemed to think her big flowy tail was some sort of toy :doh11: ) so I apologized to her a million times and added .1% salt.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I got up & fed them some peas...... Checked their water ....... & preparing to change 40% ( daily ritual ) & tank out more gravel... Its so ugly to me !!! Yesterday while i was doing that... hubby said ... whatcha doing? LOL why do u just get n there with them :D, I said OK :krazy: ...I didnt lol....i sadi im removing this gravel it is too much taking up water space & gonna give them more water to swim in... HE said ... R U SERIOUS... U R KIDDING ME RIGHT >? ..... look at all the water they Have to swim in,,,,not explaining it to him LOL till im done....pics laterrr :D

threw myself into the tank and swam with them.. oh hang on.. that was the dream :blink::rofl

today we had activities... we did laps, played ball and spent time bonding :)

It is 9:30 am...I woke up late for a change...so the fish got to sleep in too. LMAO Just turned on their light and fed them.

Running around testing the pH of all my tanks.

Lol. It's only 7:50am here, so I haven't done anything for them yet. I did check to make sure all filters/components are running as they should. They will get gel food in a couple of hours and bloodworms later this evening. There is also a WC for the bigger tank. :)

Fed every one a nice breakfast of blood worms and a peas. Also found out that my new red cap oranda will eat form my hand a bit. It was so disgustingly cute that I almost threw up.

It's still morning. I feed them, and checked the tank. :)

Nothing yet. Yesterday I gave them a nice big water change, replanted the plants they uproot every day, and noticed 10 minutes later they had one floating at the top again. :rofl:

Yesterday was fast day. They begged all day long. Today they get some peas and nori.

All I did today was feed them! Lunch was pieces of spinach and grapes for the goldies, betta pellets for the betta. Dinner was veggie and salmon gel food for both :)

Ooh and I lifted my stupid slidey filter up to where it's supposed to be for the bubbles to work.

Getting ready to do water changes on both the 40g and the qt tank. Tonight is bloodworm night. That will make them super happy...clean water and bloodworms!

80% water change! :) I actually really enjoy doing water changes, it feels so good afterward ;)

I actually really enjoy doing water changes

Huh? :rofl

I know what you mean though. I like how the tanks look and how I feel afterwards, but I certainly don't enjoy actually doing them, especially in winter when the water's colder! :P

^ I'm sure if I had 12 tanks to deal with I wouldn't :) But my one little tank is manageable, it only takes maybe 30 minutes to do the whole thing. :) And I get real enjoyment out of finding any poop that may have gotten trapped in a plant leaf or behind a rock... it's like a mini treasure hunt! :clapping:

As I am still rather comatose this a.m., nothing at all. I will turn on the light and feed my fish in a few minutes.

When I get back from work, it's water change day :) So I'll do that shortly. I'll be doing peas tonight for dinner too. And finally, the search for a brazilian pennywort or maybe a pothos, and a python for w/c's (which is really more for me, butoh well :rofl).

i did... nothing. yet. poor fishies have been so neglected since school started, i feel so bad for them :(. I've been changing their water only like once a month or less, or when it gets cloudy. But today is saturday, so Im planning to clean all my tanks today and tomorrow before we get into final exams, cuz then i wont have time either. :krazy: So much to do, so little time!

Plus, one of my tanks has been empty for a few months since my puffers died. I want to get new ones, but right now I just dont have the time for them :(, but maybe i'll get some more after my last exam. Its weird having an empty tank, just begging to be filled with something

Edited by Shamu23

1. cleaned the tank. wiped glasses.

2. cleaned one of the four filters.

3.changed 50% of the water.

4. fed

5.went out to an lfs in search of a new baby but didnt find any.

6. made a new batch of gel food

Did HUGE water changes on all 3 tanks. Scrubbed the 125 and anchored down all the plants with Kaileys method :) It looks great, I just hope it doesn't turn into a buffet for the goldies. It's ok if it does though. I'll never know what I can put in there until I try :)

Fed them some Mazuri and also added so live brine shrimp! They went nuts chasing those poor little guys around. (It was especially funny when I put some in the Betta tank. The Bettas take hunting VERY SERIOUSLY!!! And the Tiger Barbs...gosh...total feeding-mania!!!!!

My goldfish feel unloved today!. I didn't even drive over to the rental house today. I've been doing so much "solving mysteries" with the synodontis tank. Mostly this has involved, I have no idea what's wrong so I'll do another extra water change.

It's just not worth the gas to drive to the rental house tonight, be there for two hours and drive back here. I am trying to feed my synodontis with the mystery illness every night due to being skinny.

I put food in at night and remove uneaten food in the morning.

After that, I've been bargain hunting online for canister filters.

Goldfish will get their turn. I did feed them frozen bloodworms last time I was at the rental house.

What a neat topic! I'm not a big blogger, but this is like tweeting about your goldfish :rofl

Fed everyone veggie gel food and later on blood worms.

Went to Fintastic to get more Gold Buffer.

Did my regular 85% w/c on the teles boys tank.

Discovered that the little guys shredded Blacky Fishie's tail (There were issues with the filter in her tub, I had to go to work and didn't want to leave her without filtration, so I placed her in the baby tub for half a day, thinking that she'd be fine in there since the teles boys are really sexually harassing her anymore, and she seems to delicate too be in with the big fish. I saw the little guys being up her rear but assumed this was curiosity. It probably was, and additionally they seemed to think her big flowy tail was some sort of toy :doh11: ) so I apologized to her a million times and added .1% salt.

I go to Fintastic! I live in Ballantyne/Marvin!