Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

The QT is over! [Photos & Videos, 100g Tank] - Pic Intense

Wow, Alex, those are some seriously lovely orandas (and one panda tele, of course). Yama-jii has one heck of a nice dorsal fin! He has such a robust, muscular look to him. Very nice!

Nice photos Alex! I'm sure I don't need to point out my favorite two fish, because you already know. :P

Thank you very much, Sakura! :)

I do know! ;)

He looks bigger than Chef too. All my boys are perfect genltemen and show no interest in the ladies :o

Really? I was guessing that they are about the same size. I think they have the same color, with Chef being darker, I think.

The spawning behavior has largely stopped. I know now why Isshin was going crazy the last few days. Somebody in the tank finally laid this massive string of resorbed egg poop today :o

They are all lovely Alex! I could look at any one of them in my tank, hint hint :)

I don't know why it underlined my post. I couldn't make it stop doing it. Hmmmm

Thank you, Molly. You have a lovely tank, and I am enjoying all the your gorgeous fish :)

Wow wow...they are all looking amazing. The newbies are very nice :)

Thank you, Red. :)

I miss seeing your fishy babies. Hint hint ;)

Yama-ji looks great! Iishin (sorry about spelling) just looks so grumpy but cute!

Thank you! I love Isshin as well. I hope with a little TLC, his will darken even more.

:thud:stars Wow!!!!! Alex I am in love with all your fish! Stunning! Gorgeous! Wow, just wow!!!!! :)

Thank you, Mrs. Becs :)

Wow~! They are looking great!

How did you get Captain home from Houston?

In a baggie in your carry-on?

Thanks for sharing. The tank is looking great!

Thank you, MJ. We actually drove to Houston, and on the way there we stopped in Dallas for lunch. Being a goldfish addict, I just HAD to stop by the Chinese LFS near the restaurant to take a look. I fell in love with their fish, and decided that if Yama-jii were still there on the way back, I would bring him home with me. So, during the return trip, I bought a cooler, stopped by the LFS, and brought him home. :)

Wow, Alex, those are some seriously lovely orandas (and one panda tele, of course). Yama-jii has one heck of a nice dorsal fin! He has such a robust, muscular look to him. Very nice!

Thank you, RD! :)

I am just so happy with Yama-jii. He's such a joy to watch :)

Love your fish. Also that fact that you have 3 black-bluish orandas but all can be easily identified via their wen formations. :)

They are all so adorable, but Toshiro is my fav!

Love your fish. Also that fact that you have 3 black-bluish orandas but all can be easily identified via their wen formations. :)

Thank you! Even though I hope they all will stay dark, I think Ulquiorra is on his way to being a panda and Isshin will turn apache (black/orange) sooner rather than later. Then he will probably go full orange at some point soon after. The only one I think will stay blue is Kisuke.

They are all so adorable, but Toshiro is my fav!

Thank you! :)

Toshiro is very special to me, as well :)

I adore your fish...all of them! You go for the chubby cheeks just like I do. But I have to give a special extra shout out to Yama-jii. What an incredible fish! I would have brought a cooler and driven across state for that one...no doubt!

I adore your fish...all of them! You go for the chubby cheeks just like I do. But I have to give a special extra shout out to Yama-jii. What an incredible fish! I would have brought a cooler and driven across state for that one...no doubt!

Thank you, Amy!

Yup, I love those chubby cheeks also :D

Oh my, all your fish are just beautiful. I love the calico and the blue especially.

Very very beautiful fish , I like them very much..

will you breed any of them ?

iishin!

I know, right? Thank you! :)

Oh my, all your fish are just beautiful. I love the calico and the blue especially.

Thank you very much! :)

Very very beautiful fish , I like them very much..

will you breed any of them ?

Thank you, Michael! Yes, I hope to be able to breed them. That would be excellent :)

They are ALL TOO GORGEOUS !!! BUT.... Toshiro Caught my upmost attention !!! ima say thats my FAV :rolleyes:

Beautiful fish, Jyushiro is definately my favourite though. I love calico's :)

You have gorgeous fish!

You said that you change 85% of the water every 4 days. How do you manage to do that?

your orandas are perfect!

Thank you! They are perfect in my eyes, regardless of show quality or not :D

They are ALL TOO GORGEOUS !!! BUT.... Toshiro Caught my upmost attention !!! ima say thats my FAV :rolleyes:

Thank you! Toshiro is one of the Queens of the Tank. The other is Nelliel :P

Beautiful fish, Jyushiro is definately my favourite though. I love calico's :)

Thank you Alistair. I also have a fondness for calicos. I've literally spent hours studying Jyushiro and Toshiro!

You have gorgeous fish!

You said that you change 85% of the water every 4 days. How do you manage to do that?

Thank you! I have two things are absolutely essential when I do water changes. The first is a pond pump which help me quickly pump out the water in the tank. When there's only about 30% water, I use the Aqueon system python to vacuum the tank floor. When it reaches 15% approximately, I add Prime and Gold Buffer, reverse the flow of water from the tap, and fill! For this tank, it tanks about 1 hour to do this, sometimes less. :)

Ahh! A pond pump, never thought of that. Do you empty it into a huge container?

Ahh! A pond pump, never thought of that. Do you empty it into a huge container?

No, I run tubing from the pump directly to the sink. :)

My friend Lynda does this as well and it works great for her.

My friend Lynda does this as well and it works great for her.

I miss Lynda around here. Please tell her to come back!

I've tried...no luck as of yet, but hopefully she will come back at some point.

dnalex: Would you please show me where you ordered the pump from? Do you take the water from the faucet back to the tank? What do you do for treating the water?

Hi Seeko,

This is what I used to draw the water put to the sink

http://m.petco.com/Petco/product/detail.do?itemId=1309846&categoryId=&path=

You will have to run tubing from it to the sink, and you can buy tubing that fits from Home Depot or some place similar.

This is what I use to fill up the water from the tap to the tanks:

http://m.petco.com/Petco/product/detail.do?itemId=1217607&categoryId=&path=

Mine is actually a 25 footer, not 50 feet. You don't want the tubing to be much longer than what you need, since it will adversely affect performance. You can actually use this water changing system to draw out water from the tank, as well, but I don't want to waste water by using water pressure to help it go faster, or to use gravity alone, which takes a long time.

The combo of these two things makes like pretty easy for me when I do water changes. My routine is to draw out about 60% with the pump, then switch to the Aqueon system to vacuum the tank thoroughly. Once it reaches about 85%, I reverse the water flow, after taking care to make sure the temp of the tap matches that of the tank. I add Prime to the tank while the tap is filling up the tank. I treat for the entire tank volume, as instructed. I also mix some Gold Buffer to add to the tank, as well as koi clay :)

That's incredible! Never thought of doing that before. Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely look further into getting something like that once I upgrade to a larger tank!

Always good to see the gang, Alex. Nice new guys and I really like Shinji's chubby white face! Would Captain Yamato be al la Naruto or?