Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
Helen

El Bastardo!

26 posts in this topic

exactly what is wrong with this dufus fish? doesn't he know how much $$ mumma paid for his :fbottom: as well as what he's destroying?? :madrant:madrant:madrant

Hercules! i know your a handsome devil.. but jeezuz!

ouch, i hope my fish dont learn to eat my plants...

LOL and you wonder why Geoffrey gave you such a good "deal"? :pp

hehe... he is so handsome.

What a goober! :o

I'm sorry about the plant Helen, but I must say, he's a real looker! :heart Lovely form.

Do you usually have problems with your kids eating the Anubias? I'm planning on adding it to my aquarium but I'm worried now that my goldies will eat it. :unsure:

Also, is that driftwood in there? Did you buy it or find it? And if you bought it, would you happen to know if it's a certain kind? I'm planning on purchasing some for my new setup and can't choose between Maylasian driftwood or Mopani driftwood. :doh11:

Edited by Kateana

rofl3.gif

I think someone needs the koko stick :P

hehe... he is so handsome.

thanks hun, his beauty is the only thing allowing him to remain a resident in the stakos clan atm. lol

What a goober! :o

I'm sorry about the plant Helen, but I must say, he's a real looker! :heart Lovely form.

Do you usually have problems with your kids eating the Anubias? I'm planning on adding it to my aquarium but I'm worried now that my goldies will eat it. :unsure:

Also, is that driftwood in there? Did you buy it or find it? And if you bought it, would you happen to know if it's a certain kind? I'm planning on purchasing some for my new setup and can't choose between Maylasian driftwood or Mopani driftwood. :doh11:

thanks kateana. no, Elizabeth Taylor is a keen redecorator and she does have problems with the flowers so they need to be trimmed by her the moment they open :doh11: however, she does not munch on the leaves, just pulls at them so the whole plant can shift. hercules will actually pull the leaves so much, they lift and he shifts them like that, except his interest is more the feed rather than redecorating. yes, that is driftwood i purchased ages ago, and i am sorry but i have no idea which type so i can't help there :(

rofl3.gif

hmmmm i was tempted to give him a good ol flick to the :fbottom: but refrained :blink:

LOL and you wonder why Geoffrey gave you such a good "deal"? :pp

like you said.. he sold me a darn bulldozer.. not a fish :krazy::rofl

rofl3.gif

lol Martha.. i'll PM you my home address, see you soon!. haha

Reminds me of my George, he was an epic gardener too :rofl

But he looks sooo handsome doing it.

:rofl

Hercules has a message for you! He says:

"But I like doing it!"

:rofl:rofl

I could watch this fish's :fbottom: all day long :heart

It's hard to be mad when he looks so happy with a mouth full of it though! :whistle:rofl

I think he wants more greens in his diet Mumma ;)

HERCULES! He battled the Gorgon, defeated the Hydra and ate all your plants!!!

:doh11::rofl

HERCULES! He battled the Gorgon, defeated the Hydra and ate all your plants!!!

:doh11::rofl

:rofl

The small anubias are tasty (ask Godzilla ;) ) and she considers the flowers to be a real treat, that is way I have the common firm leaved variaty (can't remember the name) in the tank.

Besides his destroying tendencies, he is very good looking though

Kateana: I've tried Mopani driftwood before. It's absolutely beautiful to have in a tank but it leaches for an eternity. When I got my first piece I thought boiling it repetitively and then soaking for two weeks would do the trick and it didn't. Mopani wood has a reputation for needing to leach tannins for up to a year before your tank water doesn't turn dark brown. I've never tried Malaysian wood, but unless you have a significant amount of time to leach the mopani wood I would investigate another type. I finally gave up and removed it from my tank. Just my two cents so you don't have to go through the same process I did without warning :)

What a handsome devil!! And the plant is not bad either.

THanks for sharing!

mj

How did I miss this? I've never seen a goldfish go after an Anubis plant like that before. Does he eat it or just rip it apart?

hi luscious deep green coloured poop indicates that he actually does eat it :blink:

ooooh...so that puts an end to the idea that the waxy plants are less appealing :o

perhaps to normal fish ie, before he joined the tank, the anubias was fine, but since, i do believe more and more, there's definately some bulldozer in him :tomuch::rofl

He's probably just mad that he hasn't been added to your signature yet. Whistle.gif

He's just got the munchies! nomnomnom

WELL! After ALL! You DID put the plants in there just for HIM, right?! What other possible reason could you have for putting plants in HIS tank?:doh11::blink: