Pic of the week

Pic of the week poll #14
Sign in to follow this  
magickzzl

My Gerbil Is Extra Special

9 posts in this topic

IMG_5092.JPG

So I have had my sweet little gerbil Cooper since the end of Feb. He came with a bowl of water, which I hate, and I tried to switch him to a water bottle but he dehydrated and never figured it out. Ok, so he has to use a bowl. I tried to get him a wheel to burn off some energy, with fine mesh and the right size and he knocked it over and got caught in it. So off it went.

So now I keep reading they need to dust themselves, and a lot of people recommend cornstarch. of course my silly little boy does what? He eats it. No, he SHOVELS it into his mouth with gusto!! lol. Oh well, he's still my little buddy. The \one this he IS good at (aside from being a love) is running in the ball, but its hard to mess that up.

Any other gerbil fans out there?

awww hes such a cutie!! and sounds like such a silly little thing! ive never owned a gerbil though ive owned hamsters,mice and rats i love rodents!

Hahaha, aww poor dear! I laughed so hard about him shoveling the cornstarch in his mouth with gusto. Sometimes the "special" pets become our favorites :) Good luck with your little guy!

I love Cooper, I had gerbils when I was a kid. Great fun, I love hamsters as well. I've not had mice or rats but I think they would be fun as well.

lmbo he is adorable!!! I've had my share of special pets like that. We did make a helmet out of tinfoil for one cat as a joke.... Good luck with your adorable Cooper!!

I have two female gerbils, maggie and ruby. I had them as a birthday present in April 2009. I still adore them today and I have tons of silly names for them. My brother (who actually seems to worship Ruby) has named my mum ruby now, and now Me, my brother and my dad call her that. ROFL. :D

I got my two some shell sand (the type birds use) as I read that they like nibbling on the shells as well as bathing. I have a little shallow dog water bowl that I have put the sand in, but they just ignore it :P

Also, do you keep him alone? or does he have a cage-mate?

Edited by ilovefantails

Oh he's too cute! I've never had a gerbil, always wanted one though :)

Thank you all! :)

ilovefantails, he does live alone. I got him from a terrible little petshop when I first got to the city, and they had him alone for a discount because he was "To big to sell pull price" Big? a GERBIL? lol. I wanted to get him a cagemate but was advised against it as he has been alone so long. I had rats and mice a long time and feel bad having him alone, but he seems happy and plays with the kitten through the tank most of the day

He is so cute. :wub: I have a special fondness for pets that are different, they are so much more special. :)