Sign in to follow this  
babicake828

Orandas Don't Have Head Problems! - Informative Wen Thread

56 posts in this topic

So where can one find a wen trimmer.

I had read the wen was more like a wart than a tumor. So what's the difference between a wart and a tumor?

A tumour is an abnormal growth.

It can be benign ie non cancerous, and usually slow growing.

Or malignant or cancerous, and usually rapidly growing.

A wart is a benign tumour caused by a virus.

But not every tumour is a wart

So where can one find a wen trimmer.

A wen trimmer is a pair of surgical scissors. Who wields them is up to you. Fish vets can be found if you search online, or you could do it yourself.

I'm not sure I'd say much about an Oranda is natural or normal. I have had well over 100 goldfish of many varieties in my 5 or so years of fish keeping and I have found Orandas to be the most susceptible to issues such as swim bladder problems, poor vision, and just being plain out with no doubt the dumbest type of fish I have ever had. I will not get any more of them if I can resist how good looking some of them are :)

I'm not sure I'd say much about an Oranda is natural or normal. I have had well over 100 goldfish of many varieties in my 5 or so years of fish keeping and I have found Orandas to be the most susceptible to issues such as swim bladder problems, poor vision, and just being plain out with no doubt the dumbest type of fish I have ever had. I will not get any more of them if I can resist how good looking some of them are :)

That is interesting because I've always felt it was the other way around. I haven't kept fish for 5-6 years and goldfish even longer, but when I did the oranda reigned supreme IMO. I never had problems with oranda like I did with the other varieties and I've probably kept them all except Bubble Eyes and the Celestial types. It's the main reason I decided my first new tank would be stocked with Orandas.