Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jen

Slow Eater

Guest Jen

Hello,

My small oranda is the slowest eater, and I was wondering if anyone's goldfish are slow eaters also. For example, he'll eat a few small flakes, and if I give him another small flake a minute or two later, he will go after that but all of the other flakes from before will spill out of his mouth! Feeding him is a lengthy process, because of having to wait several minutes between feeding him flakes, since it takes him forever to chew! Just curious if this is normal. Thanks,

jen

Yeah, some fish will do that....They get too much in their mouth the first time, and then spit it out to take it slower later on. Those fish will usually take longer to eat their portion, since they keep spitting it out....Maybe that is because he is still the smallest in your case..... :)

I have the same problem, all my orandas gulp there food down ... then a minute later the just spit it all out! its weird, but then they just gulp it all back in again.

They arnt really slow eaters ... which is funny. But im glad someone else has the same problem.

Guest Jen

Hi,

Thanks for the replys. Yeh, I think my fish just has a chewing and swallowing problem! But that doesn't stop him from loving food! :P

jen

One of my goldfish is the same way. I have three goldfish. One pushes everyone else out of the way, one is his backup, and the other takes his sweet time and hardly gets any food. I used to worry about it but he seems to be developing at the same rate as the others.

Oh and Frankie the pig and pushover gets so mad at me when I don't feed him on time that he'll wait until I open the lid of the tank and then splash me with water!!!

:rofl

i think the spitting out problem is caused when you dont soak your

fish food properly

sometimes my gf eat too much too quickly so after a few minute

they spit it out probably because their air in the food or just

indigestion :lol: