Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ichthius

Bristol Shubunkin (goldfish Garage) 3/6/11: Development Series

I am loving this thread. The photos and videos are amazing!

Thanks so much for posting this. I have eggs all over my pond right now, and although they will have to sink or swim on their own, so to speak, it is really fascinating to see what must be going on with those tiny eggs. I have to remember to keep coming back to look for updates.

He gets my vote for video of the month/year award!

ooo thats neato. Kinda creepy looking but still neato.

7 weeks oldhttp://...................blogspot.com/2011/04/bristol-shubunkin-development-series-7.html

How did I miss this topic????

Awesome, bristol shubunkins!! I assume you sell the fish you breed, right?

Sure do, but this is purely for sharing purposes. Don't want to violate any "vendor rules"

In this batch there are some completely transparent fish, even better than those published out of Japan as see through goldfish.

I don't claim to have made them, just know to look for them. I did however make a transparent zebrafish. Not the first but the best in terms of health and fecundity. I call it Absolute. It is a cross of two mutants rose and nacre. Rose nocks out the guanine (shinny) and nacre nocks out the melanin. I've sent them to researchers all over the world (16 countries). You can see some of this stuff on my see through research fish blog www.seethroughfish.blogspot.com. I'll post the transparent fish here and there once I get a chance to stop feeding baby fish. Currently working with 3 spawns of bristols all about a month apart and two spawns of Top view Ranchu which also has a developments series on ..................: http://goldfishgarag...opment%20Series

Edited by Ichthius

Nice! I wish I had room and I'd so buy some bristols off you :D

I love how you document everything with videos :)

2 months old, moved outside.

lol they don't seem to be very happy with you :P I can't wait to see them grow up!

why do some of them have such huge black eyes? are they normal button eyes and just look super big?

lol they don't seem to be very happy with you :P I can't wait to see them grow up!

why do some of them have such huge black eyes? are they normal button eyes and just look super big?

There are a few telescopes aka willow demekin. There is even a transparent willow demekin destined for aquabid.