Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Finfeathers

Quick General Treatment Question

I'm reading the disease and treatment page to become familiar before I bring my goldies home. When it suggests a treatment how long do you wait to see improvement(or not) before the next step?

I think there is no general timeline. Like if you treat and the fish gets worse, then you move onto the next step. it also depends on the person on how quick they want to move.

First if you don't over stock and keep up with water changes you wont have sick fish. Second if you do usally a water change and salting well stop whatever problem in a 2 to 3 days.

But if you do a fishless cycle, don't over stock and keep up with large weekly water changes you should not have a problem. Oh and don't forget to QT any new fish before adding to the tank.

It depends on the symptoms or which treatment and who answers your question;)

If you want to treat new fish for unseen parasites there are some general recommendations.

Yes, that's what I mean....the general recommendations. Sorry for not being clear. As an example when I bring my fish home and treat them for unseen parasites how do I know it worked/didn't work?

Edited by Maree