Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
devilduck

Everyone Together :)

I don't think I've posted so many fish photo and video threads in one go, but here's one more for you! I promise to go away for a while after this!

th_002-8.jpg

I -love- the decor of the tank! the clay pot works really nicely - is it okay to ask how you put them in without the risk of stagnant water? I've always been scared of using them for this reason! The plants look really healthy too and that Chester is beautiful :D.

EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't realise it was a video :P (in my defence I clicked on the thread from the front page :P) - what a peaceful tank! They all look so healthy and it's so nice that they have so much room. Lovely ^^, I can only hope my two grow up as beautiful as yours.

Edited by bluebird

Thanks :D I'm really pleased with it, it's so bright and shiny :) Someone's taken to moving my little plants around though...

I do a poop hoover every like 3 days, a lot of poop gets trapped behind it and under the sides (and in it <_<) so it's moved then. There's also a lot of current in my tank and in something with as large an opening as that and as many bubbles as I have I really don't see how there could possibly be oxygen deficient water in there, which is all stagnant water is. The fish like to go in it too which turns the water round as well :)

What a pretty tank & fish, especially Chester! I have a weak spot for all orandas! :)

Given that Chester is so much bigger than the others, what do you do to make sure all the guys get enough food, especially the smaller ones so that they can catch up? I am in the situation where 2 of my fish are the size of Chester, and the rest are about the size of your smaller ones.

You would be amazed how fast my small guys can be when they want...Rusty has never had any trouble getting food with Chester, and Mariko when she was alive (and she was fast) and X the little ryukin doesn't either. The red and white ranchu is quick but I think I'm going to have to train the orange one to hand-feed, they only went in the tank today and he's not too speedy or coordinated...

Looks lovely :) It must be so very relaxing to sit near by :) I'm so happy everyone is doing well for you :)

Thanks :D I'm really pleased with it, it's so bright and shiny :) Someone's taken to moving my little plants around though...

I do a poop hoover every like 3 days, a lot of poop gets trapped behind it and under the sides (and in it <_<) so it's moved then. There's also a lot of current in my tank and in something with as large an opening as that and as many bubbles as I have I really don't see how there could possibly be oxygen deficient water in there, which is all stagnant water is. The fish like to go in it too which turns the water round as well :)

Hehe yeah, these goldfish really do fancy themselves as home designers :P. Mine thankfully don't move the plants, just eat them til they're sad, shrivelled looking things xD.

Thamks for answering my question too! it sounds like the clay pot is a good addition :D might look into one soon - thank you :).

EDIT: sorry to ask another question but what do you keep your plants in? and do you move the gravel in them every few days too? hehe I feel terrible for de-railing the thread a little but I thought I'd have a go at asking :P. Thank you ^^.

Edited by bluebird

Your tank is so pretty! And so are your fish.

Noooo don't go away!!

I love that video, your tank is so pretty! Chester is so HUGE! How big is s/he?

And that big ryukin is AMAZING I love that one. All of them look so pretty! :)

I could just squeeze those baby ranchus! And Chester really knocks my socks off -- where did you find him???

Your tank is just LOVELY!!!! Everyone looks so good together too! 10.gif

Beautiful tank and fish! Chester just steals the show, though :D

EDIT: sorry to ask another question but what do you keep your plants in? and do you move the gravel in them every few days too? hehe I feel terrible for de-railing the thread a little but I thought I'd have a go at asking :P. Thank you ^^.

De-railing's fine ;) Some of the plants are plastic, but the java ferns at the bottom are tied onto glass pebbles and rocks with fishing line, they like their roots out anyway. There is no gravel in my tank at all other than the crushed coral in the filter :)

I love that video, your tank is so pretty! Chester is so HUGE! How big is s/he?

Chester's about 6" long nose to tail, about 4" in body length and 3" high + fins :)

I could just squeeze those baby ranchus! And Chester really knocks my socks off -- where did you find him???

All the guys in there are pet store fish, Chester, Rusty and X are from a chain store in the UK (2 different branches) and the ryukin and ranchus are from a new LFS I discovered and posted a video about over the weekend ;)

I love Chester but your new ryukin is so gorgeous!

Beautiful tank and fish! Chester just steals the show, though :D

I have to agree with everyone the tank looks great and so do all the pretty fish. But Chester steals the show only because we didn't get to see tiny Rusty! ;)

Rusty was hiding round the side with Dipstick, the orange ranchu, and I did zoom in on her! You'll have to go watch it again Edith :P Maybe you didn't recognise her shiny coppery colouring, she's lightening up a bit, because you know I need so much more orange in my tank, I hope she stays chocolate or at least caramel!

Good grief I need new glasses again!!! :rolleyes: When you zoomed in I was distracted because I was watching the cute orange ranchu so I didn't see Rusty. But after that he is right out in the front of the tank. :doh11:

He is getting lighter tho, if he becomes caramel he would be super cute. :heart

Tank looks fantastic. And I agree with the others Chester looks amazing :Congrats:

Tank looks fantastic. And I agree with the others Chester looks amazing :Congrats:

Both your tank and your goldies look great! very nicley done!

Great tank and WOW Chester is HUGE....I love him :heart