Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

Loki And Chiba

These two are buddies, it's cute. :wub:

n020.jpg

n019.jpg

n014.jpg

Aw, they are super cute!

yes, they sure are... nice to see them again :)

Aw, so cute :wub:

Very nice pics, looks like they want food. One demanding it, the other backing him up!

Look at those faces! I just love how different they are, yet equally gorgeous!

I love seeing photos of your crew!!!!

Very nice pics, looks like they want food. One demanding it, the other backing him up!

So true :rofl

Why do have such big eyes. The better to beg with them :D

Love Chiba.

That last Pic is beautiful

and Loki is sooo black.

He almost looks velvety. Lush :)

Edited by Oranda Lou

Its great to see them :D. How are they all feeling?

Loki is an intense kind of black, isn't he?

Chiba has got great eyes and Loki looks like velvet =)

Lovely. Simply lovely. I can't get over how gorgeous Chiba is.

aww :)They do make a lovely pair or double trouble ;) Thanks for sharing your pic's with us :) wants more :)

he he he! I agree! :D

Loki isn't really as dark as the photos might be showing up on some of your monitors. I looked at this thread on a computer at school today and it was much much darker than how my laptop's monitor displays it. But, he still is a very black fish, that's for sure. He has a tiny sheen of bronze on his belly. Loki is constantly at the front looking straight at my and wiggling around for food. Chiba doesn't see as well as Loki, so he doesn't beg as much. He just follows Loki around sometimes. I think he learned that if he follows Loki around, he gets food since he is begging all the time :lol1

As for how they are doing, there are improvements. After an entire month of >.3ppm salt concentration, there were still a number of white spots on Chiba's dorsal fin. I concluded that the salt wasn't doing enough to help. So a week ago I started them on a copper treatment, and right now the spots are totally gone! I'll be maintaining the copper in the tank until this Friday, and hopefully when I take the copper out the spots stay gone. I have to have the UV off during the copper treatment, because the UV light breaks bonds in the compound and creates a more toxic form of copper.

Maho has been kind of on-and-off. A couple weeks ago she was bottom sitting a lot and retaining a lot of water, so I put her in a 10g QT with epsom. After about a week of that, she was much better, so I put her back in the main tank. Now she is bottom sitting again, but not retaining water this time. I suspect that the copper is just stressing her a little, but I'm not totally sure. After the copper comes out on Friday, we'll see how she does. But Serafina is now in the 10g QT with epsom and heat because she is dropsied pretty bad :( She was alright for the longest time, but I know she was the weakest because she's been a bottom-sitter since day 1. She even dropsied while on Baytril med food, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope for her sadly. And her pineconing is pretty dramatic.

And I'm still unsure about Grindle. If you remember, he started to bloat and dropsy slightly a number of weeks ago at the start of this fiasco, and now he is still just slightly prickly behind his gills. The prickliness hasn't gone away, but he's acting like he feels fine. Time will tell.

Very nice fish you have there :Congrats:

Thanks for the update...I've been thinking about your fish. Fingers crossed for all of them.

Thanks for the update...I've been thinking about your fish. Fingers crossed for all of them.

I know I've been very behind on the updates! But now you're all up to speed on the situation! Thanks for thinking of me and my fish :)

Loki and Chiba look great together. I'm always amazed when I see pics of Loki he is such a beauty. :wub:

I hope all your fish are soon back to good health, you deserve to have all of them healthy. :hug

Aw thanks Edith :) I'm looking forward to having healthy fish again, hopefully it will be soon.

These photos aren't the greatest, but I just wanted to add these photos of Maho and Grindle from yesterday too so you guys can see that they're still hanging in there too! I don't have a recent photo of Serafina, but she's not looking good, so... :(

n012.jpg

n016.jpg