Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Do You See What I See?

First of all, sorry for the bad picture quality, but it has a reason: I noticed that without flash (and the reflecting scales) you can make out her body shape much better.

Anyway, I think her hump MIGHT finally be starting to show a bit more. I still think she is "just" a ryukin cross, but I'm so proud of her for working so hard on her little hump :wub: In some photos the filter intake pipe and the bubble wand help showing how she is shaped as you can tell that the photo is not tilted.

Also: OH MY GOD she grew! First pic is from when I first got her. Look at how tiny she is compared to that bubble stone!! :wub:

When I got her three months ago:

ryukin01.jpg

===============================================================

New pics from today:

Vanille012311-001.jpg

Vanille012311-002.jpg

Vanille012311-003.jpg

Vanille012311-004.jpg

Vanille012311-005.jpg

Vanille012311-006.jpg

Vanille012311-007.jpg

THAT TAIL!!

Vanille012311-008.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I see the hump :) she is growing nicely

Thanks! Even compared to my sig image of her (which is about a month old) she improved. She is getting so fat too, I think Pork Chop is her big idol :rofl

Especially the first and last pic shows her nice round belleeeehhh!

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Sorry still a fantail. Yes many of them have a tiny hump. My Micah even has a roundish body with a slight humb but still a fantail.

Looks great anyways.

I think she's stunning! No matter what she happens to be!

I think without a doubt, she's the most beautiful Vanille I've ever seen! teeheeju9.gif

Her tail looks like a long, flowing gown!

Thanks Lola! :)

Aww Hidr... LOL! Don't tell Vanille! She is trying so hard :rofl

(again, one more excuse reason to get me a nice hump-y ryukin someday)

Vanille's awesome Fang! Go Vanille! :yeah:

Awww gorgeous Vanille.

She has lovely shape. :)

She really has grown quite nicely :) Great job Fang!!!! Now if you can only get a pic next to the air stone again (lol)

Yes!! Try and get one of her by that stone! You can already tell from these pics that she's grown a ton, though. :heart

I dunno... I'm thinking she really is starting to look A LOT more ryukin-y. Maybe she'll get there someday? Either way, she's gorgeous! :)

You've done a great job with her, Fang@!

:Congrats: The tail is obviously growing, and so is the hump. You fed well! Good work, keep on

When you first showed us Vanille months ago, I was convinced she was a fantail. But now, I'm convinced she is ryukin. The hump is probably just not as prominent as the usual, but it's definitely there. More ryukin than fantail definitely.

And yes, I don't see any reason why you should get a ryukin someday, as you already have one. :)

Edited by GFF

she's definately more "humpish".. but i still think she's no ryukin.. rocky has a "humpish" thing too... but it never grew more than that.. vanille's mouth is does not appear to have that sharp edged feature that ryukins have..

she's a spunk just the same though.. and shhhhhhh, she's got all the right colours for a true ryukin too :)

she is turning out very nice. :Congrats:

Go Vanille :angelstaf:

Thanks everyone! Yes Helen, she does have some ryukin features like the pointy (kissable) face and deep body, which is why I think she has SOME ryukin blood in her, but definitely not pure. Probably ryukin/fantail cross or something like that. :)

Did you know that ryukins came from breeding fantails for the hump in the first place. So maybe still a fantail but with those traits that were breed to get ryukins.

That what I believe Micah is since he is so round and has that tiny hump too. I believe he is one of those fantails with a lot a ryukin traits.

She is beautiful, love the flowing tail!

Did you know that ryukins came from breeding fantails for the hump in the first place. So maybe still a fantail but with those traits that were breed to get ryukins.

That what I believe Micah is since he is so round and has that tiny hump too. I believe he is one of those fantails with a lot a ryukin traits.

Yeah, that's what I meant with "having some ryukin blood" :) I was at the store where I got her from today, and they had some ryukins in that tank again which I believe were her brothers and sisters, telling by the looks. And they too had no hump/less than Vanille has now, but still the nice deep red/white color!

Vanille looks almost identical to Boog. I think Boog has Ryukin in him too. His hump is not very pronounced, but there is a hump.

Vanille looks almost identical to Boog. I think Boog has Ryukin in him too. His hump is not very pronounced, but there is a hump.

Maybe they're related? Who knows where the supplier ships to; surely not to just one store :rofl

I love Vanille's colors!!!!! She's a beauty (but Hugo is still #1, in my book) :)

And that belly is adorable!!!! just like my Beloved Goldfish Skeptic (a/k/a Mr. "when did you start liking fish?") -

aside: do many Kokonuts see goldfish characteristics in their love ones? (like the cheeks and belly) or am I the only nut?

Edited by Seymoura

Maybe they're related? Who knows where the supplier ships to; surely not to just one store :rofl

Maybe! hahaha Long lost fry siblings.