Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoldfishJoe

Hand Feeding?

My 1st post here YAY!

Anyway i have had my 3 goldies for about 3 weeks now and only jut started hand feeding them few days a go, they took to it straight away, now i hand feed them their flakes, 1 small pinch per fish.

Is this good that they trust me enough? I've heard of many goldie owners who haven't had this success a their goldies are very very shy.

I remember how pleased I was when Fluffy first took food out of my hand. He's never done it again, though. Maybe he's not as hungry now as he was when I first got him.

:Congrats:

very rewarding getting your goldfish to hand feed :) congrats!!! try some different food when you can;)

I would be proud! I can't get mine to take pellets from my hand.

Just watch that they don't take your HAND instead of the pellets :yeah:

Try hand feeding them with a cube of Tubifex....mine always come right up for that. ;)

Oh yes, I was one proud mama when chaos finally took food from my hand. She used to nose dive into the plants when she saw me coming. Some of the others still don't get it though.

I'm trying hand feeding right now, wish me luck!

Mine all eat from my hand. It's much easier to practice using a gel food, as it's got a nice bit of surface area.

Have you tried repashy soilent green? Good stuff!

Good stuff. Try some blanched spinach and hold onto it while they try and pull you in lol.

Mine all eat from my hand. It's much easier to practice using a gel food, as it's got a nice bit of surface area.

Have you tried repashy soilent green? Good stuff!

If you cut the repashy into an earthworm-shaped piece and dangle that in the water, the nervous ones will find it easier to approach your hand.

I have trained almost all my goldfish to eat from my hands, just waiting on the little pearl scale now :S

Actually, they've trained you to bring them food. They reward you by eating it from your hand and you respond by bringing more food.

I have managed to get most of mine to eat from my hands (: Congrats! It is a lot of fun to interact with fish on that level. Mine took to it quickly as well, but part of that is because of the freckles on my arm that they think are nummy treats :P

2 out of 4 goldfish ate from my hand on my first go!