Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PonyoPonyo

Rapunzel My Veiltail Ryukin

Guest PonyoPonyo

Such wonderful comments!. :) Thank you!

@Hidr - I wasn't quite sure what she was! I'm glad to know that shes a Ribbon tail ryukin.

I recorded some videos of her. She mostly wanted to just stare at me, She's very curious.

I'm still amazed by her coloring and fins. :D

Below are Links to my Youtube uploads of her.

she's stunning. is her tail pink? or does it have some blood smears in it? and the tank looks somewhat narrow. what gallons is it?

sometimes fish experience blood streaks/smears when transported..

did you qt her at all? initally when i didn't see any fish around her in your pics, i assumed she was in qt, but now i see other fish around her and you've only had her for a few days..

just trying to help you to keep your fish healthy as they're all absolute dolls :)

Guest PonyoPonyo

@Stakos -

The Pet store owner where I got her had her already in quarantine for little over a week.

Rapunzel was givin to her from a customer that had raised her for 4 years and and believe it or not, switched to salt water and gave her up. Her tail came with red streaks. But Its nothing to be worried about according to her. They seem to be going away already.

The quarantine tank she was in was much shallower and made her sorta sit on the bottom of the tank and she did not look happy.

In the videos your looking at my tank from the *Side* narrow end. The tank is pretty wide and tall.

Shes in a 37 gallon tank.

Believe it or not... I bought a 180 gallon tank over the summer and have been threatening to make it a goldfish bowl for months now lOl My dad has had his eyes on it for another reef tank, so its been a stalemate and the tank sits empty. Now I figure my dad will either move his 120g reef tank into the 180 and I get his 120 or the 180 is mine.

.....Stalemate broken :) Here is my 180gallon below. After all he was with me when I bought this fish.

my180.jpg

Wow you get a 180g tank?! Jealous! :D

1 week is too little time as problems do not surface immediately, but now that she's in with the rest, whatever (and i hope nothing does) may surface will require treatment for the whole tank. would you consider giving them all a round of prazi treatment?

it's not uncommon for red streaks to appear temporarily or permenantly in a white goldfish.. pork chop has three long blood veins in her tail and i know they're perfectly normal. i just noticed that in your fish there may have been smearing rather than streaks/veins. streaks/veins can be normal, but smearing is not, so i thought i'd share my observations with you as a precaution.

by the way, i want that tank.. good :P:rofl

180g tank... :yikes that tank is enormous! Glad you ended up winning that battle. :) Can only imagine how beautiful it will look once its all setup. :Congrats:

:heart What a pretty fish! If she was mine I could never give her up! Great find! And a new tank too! You are one lucky lady!!! :angelstaf: