Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Migaloo

Omg... He Said Yes!

What a wonderful thing for you and your man to share! The set up will be so much fun. Plant and decor shopping!

Congratualtions, it's a beautiful tank. I'm really jealous... :(

Garibaldi - you are too much! :tomuch:

Thanks everyone - yes it is a very nice looking tank - its really more like an addition to our furniture :D . Am looking forward to keeping you posted as the tank comes together.

We have been very busy with preparations for its arrival - so much to do! We spent almost the entire day yesterday running around choosing our substrate and we bought a new air pump whoo whoo!! Am emptying a huge amount of water from the old tank today so we can move it and clear the space for new tank - also will refill old tank so we have lots of 'dirty' water to put in the new tank.

ashv20 - dont scare me with tank horror stories! :yikes:rofl

Is the fish store you're talking about on the Gold Coast by any chance?

Oh... Forgot to say... Stakos I think that's a great idea about the python! With the aussie dollar so strong right now - its a good time for getting things from the states!

The only problem for me at this point in time, is that I have so much stuff to buy for the new tank right now... am also looking at an additional filter - so the python for me will have to wait for a bit :(

Have you started looking at 6 footers?? How exciting!!! :happydance:happydance:happydance

Hi Migaloo :peeka

Ive got a tip for You ! The main part of the Python (the valve) is a waterbed drain and fill valve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATERBED-DRAIN-AND-FILL-KIT-FREE-FIRST-CLASS-SHIPPING-/380272781691?pt=Mattresses&hash=item588a06297b

Around My area You can buy them at the hardware store , or even Wal*mart . Buy the valve , and Your own hose and You have the same thing , only a lot cheaper .

I hope the Python police dont pay Me a visit for giving away Their secrets :hide:

Guest Elise

You are SUCH a lucky BUM. :Congrats: Just think of all the goldfish you could have in that thing!

Garibaldi!! That is an AWESOME tip! Thank you!! I had actually considered just buying the python pump on ebay as I found some inexpensive ones with cheap postage - but the waterbed one is even cheaper :o - AND im sure I could can probably find one in OZ!

You rock Garibaldi!! :rockon And dont worry, I'll send you a cake with a nail file in it when the python police lock you up! :stop:P

Thank you Elise... Yes - I am a lucky bum!! :P - Although not feeling so good about the mountain of gravel Im yet to clean :crazy::wacko:

Stage one is complete LOL - moved the current tank so there is now a bare wall just screaming out for the new tank !

Your very welcome Migaloo , and make it lemon :feedme

When do you pick it up? I can hardly wait & I'm WAY OVER HERE!!!! :krazy:

Thanks Jeana and 2befree!

Jeana - we're hoping this weekend - probably Sunday. OH has hooked up his brother to help carry the thing - soooo exciting!!!

The weather here has been so bad lately - high winds and flooding and apparently we're in for more of it! We dont want to transport in such bad weather so fingers crossed.

oh Man!!!!! We are never going to get this tank!!!

We were picking it up last weekend - then my fiance came down with a terrible flu and was bedridden all week. How rude of him to get sick when we were supposed to be picking up the tank!! :rolleyes::P

He's much better now so then he said Saturday (today)... now he said it will have to wait till tomorrow as he is too busy at work today and wont make it :(

At least there is one good thing about the delay it has given me time to get more prepared.... started prazi treatment on fish before the big move, bought new air stones, air pump and suction cups... cleaned alot of gravel (still not finished)...

Fingers crossed for tomowwow!!! (the bad part is that Im working tomorrow so wont be there for the tank arrival (if it even happens LOL)

Edited by Migaloo

I am so excited! HURRY UP!!!! :D:bounce:angelstaf:

Can't wait to see pics of it up and running! :fishtank:

Oh My gosh... is it here yet????I am oh so excited for you!!!Looking forward to seeing it in it's new spot all decked out!!!!Congrats!!!!!!!

If You need help picking it up , I can drive over in My "Ute" :ehh

Did you get it yet? Did you get it yet? Did you get it yet?

Edited by ashlee18

If You need help picking it up , I can drive over in My "Ute" :ehh

Garibaldi... you are a crack-up! :rofl

We actually already have a ute :P

Well... I am being completelt tormented and tortured by the arrival of this tank. What an ongoing saga....

My fiance prepared the back of his ute and for the big day on Sunday.... I was so excitied that I couldnt sleep the night before and spent that morning moving furniture to cealer thye tank area and making last minute preparations...

Fiance picks his brother up to help carry the tank and off they go get the tank! This is it!

About an hour later I get a phone call from him.... "bad news" he tells me... the people at the store couldnt get the forlift to work... something about the gas bottle being empty :wacko: . CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?!!! :o:tantrum:wall:veryangry::doh11::mad: The tank is high up on a shelf in their storage room and forklift is the only way to get it down.

Apparantly they will have a new gas bottle today or tomorrow... so aaaaany day now.... :please

You guys are going to start thinking I'm making this whole tank up! :(

You guys are going to start thinking I'm making this whole tank up! :(

Oh never!

That must be one big store for them to have one in storage. My lfs just sells the one off the floor and then orders another one. But I don't like that too much since the one of the floor could get all scratched up.

:rofl I know all about delays when you're waiting for something like that...It's not like you can pop in and get it yourself :rofl My 72 gal arrived at the store a couple of days late, then I had to wait 2 more days till hubby had time to get it for me :doh11:

BuggyBear... its not funny... I'm dying here!! :P:D

Haha... in my opening post of this topic I said it would be a "logistical nightmare"... but its even worse than I thought! I must have jinxed it!

Ashlee yes its a huge store and they have heaps of floor stock and a big storage warehouse out the back - which is where our tank and cabinet are sitting, still in their box.

They seem to get alot of exotic species of animals that you dont generally find in other stores - I can easily spend half a day just looking at stuff when I go there LOL

This is their site http://www.thepetbarn.com.au/

They always seem to have a variety of goldfish - I saw a gorgeous little all black ranchu in there the other day :wub: Its also the place where I finally found my panda tele! Their tanks seem quite clean and every time I go there, there seems to be someone cleaning them.

Oh no, I feel your pain...So not funny! I just wore myself out moving my 2 small tanks home, but obviously needed help with the big one. I felt like a five year old asking hubby, "Can you do it today? How 'bout today? Can Woody help today?!?" :krazy:

Oh no, I feel your pain...So not funny! I just wore myself out moving my 2 small tanks home, but obviously needed help with the big one. I felt like a five year old asking hubby, "Can you do it today? How 'bout today? Can Woody help today?!?" :krazy:

You sound just like me!! :rofl

I reeeaaaallly have a problem with not being able to do things on my own :rofl If I didn't need hubby and Woody, the tank would have been home waaaay sooner, but the 40 gal almost killed me :ignore

Awesome looking tank!

Congratulations :)