Sign in to follow this  
AubreeMarie

::comes Out From Hiding::

8 posts in this topic

Hello all!

It's been sometime since last, I've pretty well neglected Koko's for a little bit!

Not toooooo much new going on here, I've got my 55 gallon tank holding steady with my 4 fancies, and my outdoor pond which was previously home to the twin commons Oingo & Boingo, my common Spot, and my comet Moustachina is now home to them, plus two new shubunkens.

I only intended to get one shubunken and I had decided on a prettily spotted one that I liked, but there was this one itty bitty guy who was LITERALLy just BEGGING to take him too, he even jumped in the way of the net to get in it when the lady was trying to get the guy I picked out, so I took him too.

After some QT they'll be going in the pond to join the others.

I also was *gifted* with a pet store "tadpole" by a well intending 9 year old, I'm assuming it's either a bullfrog or a leopard frog. The only info I could get was that it was "A North American Native" wtf? Anyhow, he's in qt right now and will go into the pond and if he is a New England native (which is where I live) then he can choose for himself how to spend the rest of his life. He can stay and live in my yard, or find some other little pond to live in once he has the legs to take him there. My real concern is whether he'll be old enough before winter comes?

I may have to keep him inside and have a pet frog for a little while.

If he's not native to New England then he'll stay inside and be a pet frog.

That's assuming he even survives, all the tadpoles at the store are very how shall I say, worse for the wear? And my guy seems rather listless and a little gaspy. I'm hoping it's just a little bit of bad water poisoning, and a night in some good clean water in a nice clean tank will help him snap back before he can succumb to his previous conditions.

Well, other than that, there is not much to report on, so now to catch up on some posts!

Great to have you back with us, AM! Stick around for a while! :D

Welcome back! :D Your fish look lovely too if I might add!

Did your puppy turn out to be a Rottie :rofl

Welcome back, Aubree! Seems us old members are back now.lol I had sporadic attendance here in the last 6 months but I'm officially back now.:rofl

What a strange gift, tadpole...

Welcome back I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Hello welcome back :)