Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Bungee Cords For Rubbermaid Tubs

Ok this is kind of a lame tip, but it might come in handy for someone who is not so handy ;)

This is for anyone that uses or will need to use in the future a rubbermaid or similar storage bin for their fish.

If you fill a larger one, you will notice it bowing out.

Many members here are happy to share ways to build a frame around the tub with you, which is great.....but what if you are not handy! What if you can't use a hammer without pounding your thumb, or what if you are in a hurry and the fish will only be in the tub for a week or two.....

Well I found a great lazy man's way of keeping the tub from bowing.

First you need some bungee ties. You DO NOT want to force them across the tub, because that will put stress on it.

You want bungees that will span the tub lip to lip without having to stretch the bungee at all, in other words a perfect fit.

Now tie a loose knot, basically just a loop like when tying your shoe in the bungee. This should make it the perfect length. Again, you don't want to have to pull the bungee to get it to attach.

Your tub will probably still be bowing, because the bungee is rather loose, so add another and another till it no longer bows. In this case it took about 3 for a 40 gallon tub.

I have some before and after pictures to share with you.

This is Before!! Notice the HUGE bow in the tub!

This post has been promoted to an article

post-22-1076474716.jpg

Edited by koko

Meh I was going to add another picture, but I'm sure you get the picture. This tip might save some poor "unhandy" soul like myself some trouble ;)

Jessica

Edited by JessicaandMarshall

Hey thanks :lol:

My topic should read my tip of the month LOL but I was really tired last night when I wrote this up. So I apologize for bad grammer and spelling.

Jessica

That's a brilliant tip Jess - so simple but so clever, and not 'lame' at all! :lol:

Thanks for that one.

Wow jess that is a very great way to do so!

I love the way how it looks to

Very interesting look what you did

jess now guess who is willing to buy a tub!

Great ideas jess :D

Guest PeachesCat

This is a great idea :panana !

That's a great idea.

Also if you go on a road trip with your goldies....you only have to put the container on your car stretch the bungees down to the roof rack! ;)

Just a question...um...exactly how many of those do you have in your house Jess??

How many do I have in my house?.....lets just say, too many! And it's a good thing there is a "fish" room in the basement, because I cannot picture rubbermaids with fish in the living room :rofl

And the ironic part Richy, those are the bungies I used in the car to tie the trunk when I had a 44 gallon stand rammed in there :lol

Jessica

Intresting jess,you have your own fish room!

In the next house we buy i hope there are 5 bed rooms.

Maby my mom will let me put my 180 above ground

indoor pond in that room :)