Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sakura

Momo Pineconed Again

Omg Sakura.:hug I just don't know what to say. I'm sending big hugs. :hug:heart :heart :heart

I hope that very soon all this will be behind you and you can just finally get to enjoy having all of fish healthy.

Hang in there hun we are all here for you. :heart

:rip: sweet little Peach.

Aw thank you Edith :heart

I am thinking of calling my vet and seeing if she can dissect one of the bodies and try to see what's going on so I know better how to treat the others. I don't know if she can once they have already been frozen though. :undecided:

Oh no this is so awful... Sakura you must be so upset. I am so sorry. :bighug

you are dealing with this so calmly and rationally it is inspiring. :hug

RIP Little Pretty Peach. :heart

Thanks Federica :heart

The Maracyn 2 arrived today!! I'm not sure who I should all treat though. I'm thinking just Isis for now because she's the only one who is starting to dropsy. She is only just starting to, so hopefully she can still be saved. The others are acting strange (hanging out near the surface all the time and air gulping a lot), but nobody else has those strange white bumps or pineconing yet. So I should probably spare them from the heavy-duty antibiotics for now. I have a 10g tank sterilized and the water in it is aging for Isis to go in there. As soon as the pH is good, I'll put her in there and dose the M2. Wish me luck... I really need it.

Let me know what you guys think about who to treat. Also, if I only treat Isis, I still feel like the others need something because they keep hanging near the surface and gulping. I really don't think it's flukes, I have treated with Prazi so many times. What can I do?

Edited by Sakura

Oh that is great Sakura! At least you have those meds!

I have never used them so I cannot really help you. :(

I would say try with Isis, if she takes them well you might aswell do the big tank too no? I am thinking that what they have is also in the tank? Otherwise, just try salting first? Maybe you are lucky and it is something that isn't resistant to salt. I think salt is worth a try. :)

I HOPE you will sort this out soon! :hug

Thanks I hope so too! Ken specifically told me salt will not work on these fish unless I bring it up to .9%, and he advised that would be pretty stressful at that level. So I've kind of ruled that out at this point.

Yeah I definitely think what Isis has is also in the main tank. I like the idea you had of trying it on the main tank if Isis responds well to it in QT.

I really hope you can get this sorted out and not lose anyone else!

Thanks Chandra!

Okay so Isis is set up in her QT now and the first dose of M2 is in. She's doing a bit of surface gulping :undecided: In this photo you can see her red blotch on her belly (HP'ed yesterday) and you can also see a bit of her scales sticking up.

b008.jpg

b002.jpg

We're gonna put up a good fight ;) Losing Isis would be a huge loss.

I was just thinking that for the salt it is worth a try IF the pathogen came from the fish show fish - you know? Maybe it is a weaker strain of something? It would be awesome if it could go away with 0.3percent salt.... Maybe try these next 3 days and see? Then you can always use the Maracyns if it doesn't work - and if they work on Isis.

How is Isis? The red is not good :( Do you have MediGold to try? Would that help for internal bleeding? It might be worth just trying it to help boost her immunity? It worked really good for my ranchu.

As for the gulping, do you have one of those long airstones? Like the rubber one you have in the main tank? I would put such a thing in for her - the larger bubbles you have now don't make much DO. I have those long ones in each QT for the big fish - they work really well, and when they need extra oxygen they just sit themselves on it.

sakura, my thoughts are with you and my spirit is helping you to fight this battle.. cmon isis, you can do it.. make mummy proud :heart

How is Isis? The red is not good :( Do you have MediGold to try? Would that help for internal bleeding? It might be worth just trying it to help boost her immunity? It worked really good for my ranchu.

MediGold is not compatible with Maracyn 2. Metro is compatible, but I think I should stop using that since it doesn't seem to be helping.

This makes me sad to read this. :( I'm so sorry everything is happening to you. I think Isis is a strong girl like you and she'll pull through for you.

Sakura,how many times have you hp'd? I would not do it anymore. Do you have any BioBandage?

I have HPed along her lateral line a few times, but I didn't do that yesterday or today. And I only HPed the red blotch on her underside once- that was a couple days ago now. Since I'm starting the M2 I wasn't going to HP anymore. No, I don't have biobandage. What is that, what does it do?

It's a fishy bandageyeah.gifIt comes in either a gel or powder base,and you apply it daily-I'm pretty sure it's got some meds in it too. DFS carries it,as do others.

:heart Hugs to you and your survivors :heart Hope you guys have a good day today!

Sakura, how is everyone??? :heart

Sakura, so sorry this is happening. :cry1 Be strong.

Thank you guys. There is mixed news today. The three in the main tank look alright, I think removing the copper has perked them up a little bit. Hard to say... It looks so bare and sad with only Ino, Padme and Toad in there though :cry1 I've gone from having tons of super beautiful fish to only a few in just one week. It bums me out.

Isis is nose-down in the bottom corner of her QT, but the red blotch on her belly is almost gone and that has to be a good sign at least. She does swim around lethargically sometimes, but when resting she goes back to that corner. Her scales are still raised, so no improvement there. I'm about to do a full water change and add another dose of the M2 for her.

I am a doofus! I just remembered the M2 is deactivated by light, and this whole time I haven't been covering the tank! :doh11: Oh well, it must have still had some affect anyway, since her red belly is going away a bit. But I will be keeping the tank covered from now on!

oh boy! this hobby is going to make nuts of all of us! :krazy:

I am happy the red is gone :) is she eating well still?

as for the maracyns, how do you know which of the 2 to use? one is for gram pos and the other for gram neg bateria right? maybe the swelling and the redness were caused by 2 different strains... hmmm,,, the red bruise caused by one being opportunistic? Can you mix the 2 meds?

fins crossed for all you guys. :)

Yep you can mix the two, and I have before. I just decided to go with the M2 this time because in the past when Fuu had a similar problem the M2 helped. For some reason I only ordered M2, not both so hopefully it's the right type. I just checked on her and she seems more alert than yesterday, but still a bit bloated. Yes, she's still eating greedily ;)

Okay...it does sound like she is getting better. She is an amazingly beautiful fish. I am so sorry I missed the news about Peaches...terrible terrible news. I am wondering if a salt dip would be helpful here? It is a much stronger concentration of salt and you could dip the remaining fish and do a 100% water change while they are in the dip. Then it may be worth medicating them all.

how is everyone doing Sakura???