Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Angel1020

Eating The Brown Algae Bloom!

It seems that my fishees are dining on the brown algae quite a bit lately. The bloom started about a week ago and is in full bloom right now. Should I worry? Some of you mentioned that the bloom will turn green (which I did not know) and that the fish can eat it then. Last time I had a brown algae bloom I don't recall ever seeing it turn green. It just started to disappear as quickly as it came.

I don't want any of the remaining fish I have getting sick, of course. What should I do?

I've got a TON of brown algae in my tank right now, and my fish eats it pretty much nonstop. I don't think it's bad. I clean it off once a week but it's been growing back overnight.

You're lucky tht the fish actually eat it and that it disappears. Mine turned into green spot algae which I'm not happy about :rofl You're quite lucky!

You're lucky tht the fish actually eat it and that it disappears. Mine turned into green spot algae which I'm not happy about :rofl You're quite lucky!

Well, we shall see if it disappears this time! This is only my second bloom! lol! I hope I will be lucky!

I'm just getting over a brown algae bloom in all three tanks :thud But yes, Schultzy in particular was very keen to nibble on it. I figure, if brown algae is really diatoms, and diatomaceous earth is safe for human and animal consumption, then diatoms can't be all that bad for goldfish :idont