Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blackteles

Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

Today I went to pets co. and saw they are having a $1/gallon sale through Saturday! So Saturday I am going back to get a new tank for my dwarf puffers!

Stopped at the LFS to pick up some frozen mysis shrimp the other night. They occasionally have a few really big fancies, but not this time. I swooned over the tank of baby crown pearlscales, though. I wish I was better at keeping pearlies alive.

Get them bigger :) It's worked for us so far...Fat little piggies the pair of them :)

Edited by devilduck

Well it was my favourite online fish stuff store but still involves exchanging monies for fish goodies so I will share anyway :) Did a big order for filter media and plastic plants for me and Stu, Stu's decided he wants lots of decs in his tank because he's seen how much more active and explorative his pearlies were in my tank compared with the food-corner-staying in his tank :)

We went to Wally World yesterday for something completely fish unrelated, but as always I force Steven to come over to the fish tanks with me to check the situation.

Was surprisingly well for Wally World, despite the massive over stocking and one dead betta in a bowl.

Anyway, the thing that caught my attention was the hand full of GORGEOUS, FAT BLACK MOORS they had in. And I mean FAT, not the slim kind like my Blacky Fishie, but beautiful, fat, 3 inch fish. They had rather short fins I must say, so there was quite a good amount of BODY there. At least the same mass as my Spicey, maybe a tad smaller.

And all except one were boys and they had the most gorgeous breeding stars. Overall the quality of those fish seemed amazing to me, it's like they either got them from a completely different supplier OR from a hobbyist who had too many fish and gave them to Wally World.

Let me go see if I find a pic of a similar looking fish online

There we go, it is almost exact same body, eyes and fins, but imagine him velvety black: http://www.grandaqua...rfly%20Tail.jpg

They were in with the other telescopes, and if you compared the ones Wally World always has with those fish... WOW.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Coming back from Pet$mart, on Dennis' advice I took a few pics of the fish. Pics turned out crappy because I didn't use flash to not draw attention LOL

I didn't take many either, mostly of the only fish that caught my attention, this funny looking, mostly white tri color telescope. S/he is kinda cute but I got no room for telescopes at the moment. :D

Just wanted to share!

petmart03.jpg

petmart02.jpg

petmart01.jpg

Stopped at my local Pet$mart over the weekend to pick up food for my kitty. Couldn't resist taking a peek at the goldfish, of course. They had 4 large orandas available. Two of them were very lovely blues!

Coming back from Pet$mart, on Dennis' advice I took a few pics of the fish. Pics turned out crappy because I didn't use flash to not draw attention LOL

I didn't take many either, mostly of the only fish that caught my attention, this funny looking, mostly white tri color telescope. S/he is kinda cute but I got no room for telescopes at the moment. :D

Just wanted to share!

petmart03.jpg

petmart02.jpg

petmart01.jpg

Awesome, Fang! Thanks for taking those! I kinda like that little white/orange one...but did you see the eyes on that calico? It looks a little down but I'd say go get it!!!

Didn't necessarily hit my LFS but yesterday I picked up 24 oz. of Omega One pellets for the GF, Omega One Tropical Flakes, Omega One Shrimp Pellets, and 2 liters of Prime, all done online. Quick. Easy. BAM. :yeah:

Honestly I am not a big fan of how its eyes look. They look like someone glued black olives to its head. Especially right from the front because the eyes are HUGE.

The white/orange one is my favorite. I love how his eyes, lips and top of his head are orange! I really wish I had the room :rofl

I'm looking for a matte white telescope with those big black eyes, Fang. A must have for me but it has to be matte white. :yeah:

But I do like the little orange/white guy. He's sort of a sakura telescope... ;)

I love matte white too! Lily is only 30% matte, but that's ok. For matte white I'd also prefer SNOW white, and she is pink/yellow LOL

I love how the white and orange ryukin keeps staring at me when I was taking the photos! :D And he came closer and closer LOL

I love how the white and orange ryukin keeps staring at me when I was taking the photos! :D And he came closer and closer LOL

Oh boy..... :yeah:

Ah, THAT ryukin. lol I couldn't figure out what you were talking about in LOTP rofl!

That ryukin is cute, but I didn't even notice him really until I looked at the photos. What gets me the most about it is that he has the same cute and innocent facial expression as Vanille. I like the telescope one more though. Or a cute pearlie from Fintastic if they weren't in a multiple disease ridden tank. I can't believe how much I liked them, they were my least favorite goldi breed until now.

Anyway, I want to wait until I have a much bigger tank before I get another fish, exceptions only for THAT fish. You know, the one that makes me have dreams/nightmares about them again, like Spicey, Vanille and Banana. :D

well.. not today, but about 5 days ago i went to my LFS, and got some prime & 7 plants.. hikari frozen foods and filter pad replacements.. ran outta time to service the filter.. but the plants look great!!LOL

today i bought online some nutrafin max spirulina tropical flake for my kribensis

my LFS has some gorgeous medium size orandas again, two blue- one of them with orange patches showing through, the other one SOLID blue. One still baby green and a black one. The black one had the cutest fat cheeks, but he already started changing color. Saw a few stunted tiny red caps and orange orandas for a change, looked like the breeder was getting rid of some of the breeder fish or so.

OMG.. i saw the two most gorgeously HUGE orandas today :( :(

i must admit, i am considering.........

I got some prime and walked over to look at the goldies. Nothing too impressive or tempting since token is still in qt. I did however get 5 platys for my newish tropical tank. 2 male red wags and 3 female sunburst? I think they are called. Anyway...I didn't know the gender of the fish until I took them home to look at them :(. The goldies might be getting some live treats in a couple months :P

Went to buy Jungle AP food at a different LFS the other day. They had two of the cutest little jet-black orandas EVER, with big chubby cheeks. I swear, I could have a 1,000 gallon tank and still find more goldfish I want after it's full!

I swear, I could have a 1,000 gallon tank and still find more goldfish I want after it's full!

I hear ya! :doh11:

On Friday I went to my local P*sm*t and bought a Whisper 10 internal filter - another attempt to use zeolite to get the ammonia out of my tap water before I put it in the tank. So far, the water has been running through the filter with zeolite for 12 hours and no difference in the ammonia reading. Maybe tonight it will be better!?!

If this doesn't work, I'm going to have to rely on Prime...

Been where the pets go for the first time today. I honestly like my Pet$mart more. They had only four goldfish tanks + a big feeder tank. The quality of the fish was kind of... naah. They seemed skinny and stunted. Some were obviously sick.

I DID like though that they had celestials and a couple cute pearlscales. The pearlies looked great, they were only about an inch and a half, very round and cute. There was a white celestial with a orange spot on his back.

One really beautiful shubunkin with already nicely defined color patches. That one is gonna be a real beauty when grown up.

On Thursday I went to my favorite Pet$mart and asked some questions about what to do for my bloated pleco. She said some use antibiotics but she suggested epson salt :D I hadn't seen her in a while but she is my favorite to talk to since she has her own goldfish tank.

Oh no! I hope your pleco is gonna be fine!