Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blackteles

Today I Went To My Favorite Lfs And.....

Took 2 ranchu and 1 black telescope to LFS to trade for a Large Oranda to replace the deceased "Orangetta" and 2 tiny little calico fans with very fat bellies and exceptionally high dorsals and flowing tails, just couldn't pass them up. Picked up some airstones, tubing and Prime.

Where are the pictures????

Today I went all over trying to find otos. I found 4 at the third place I went to. Two were not looking good but they gave them to me anyway in hopes of bringing them back with clean water. The two kept flipping over on their backs :( but the bigger one is already starting to suck on the glass again.

I also got a bunch of plants from petco with the buy 2 get 1 free sale going on :D

Same! Pictures!! :D Otos are so cool! I need to try to count mine again :rofl

They're hard to find! Mine must be gorging themselves because they're all nice and pudgy and constantly pooping. :lol

I'm going to try to catch a couple and put them in the betta tank for a quick cleanup. They will feast for days.

I got a bottle of prime at Pet$mart and saw a two beauty, one lovely calico and a awesome red and white ryukin. Sadly none came home:(

I got a replacement bulb and realized halfway home that it was the wrong size. Doh!

I bought a new air pump, check valve some tubing and a bubble wall. When i went to put it in i made a giant mess today cause my tank already had water in it, When i put the wall in the air from the tube under the water acted like a syphon and there was a lot of water all over my floor... It was hectic to clear up but it was totally worth it because any purchase over 50 dollars was a 20$ gift card for my next purchase :)

Jeez, this site just saved my ghost shrimp! I also got a bag of them, but I forgot about them until I posted here. :o

My original 3 otos have huge bellies and the green algae is still everywhere. The two otos are back on their sides/backs :( the other two are zipping around the tank.

Went to petsmart and bought a new filter cartridge for my tank that had ick and a new UVB bulb for Spunky my bearded dragon. Walked away with lizard treats and a breeder net for my mollies in addition xD

Went to Petco and got some new gravel for the new tank, couple decorations, and a background. Got home and realized the background is too short by a foot. D'oh!!

Also we looked at the fish. This little guy omg he wanted to come home with me so bad, but I just don't like buying fish from there, and plus where would I put him?

It's like he's trying to find a way out of the tank to come home with you. "Take me! Take me!" he's saying.

The two otos passed :( so now I have just the two in qt.

Hey what are otos?

I bought another piece of fake driftwood, and some filter padding

Back to Petco to take back the background that didn't fit and pick up dog food. Then to the LFS where I got a giant fake plant, background, starter thingy for my light fixture, and three bristlenose plecos! :D They had albino long fin ones which were gorgeous but not worth the $20 they wanted for them. They SAID they'd be okay with my mbunas but I'm a little nervous and going to watch them pretty closely when I release the pleco in there.

I paid 8.50 each for my long fin albinos. The 20 might be worth it if they are full grown. I love my one monster.

Otos are algae eating fish. Smaller than plecos but need to be in groups. They are also very fun little fish.

I have some otos in my planted tank and they have done an amazing job on the brown algae. Like they transformed it overnight.

The demasoni were very curious about the pleco when I first added him but quickly lost interest. I figure he has plenty of natural defenses too and they're too small to actually eat him.

Oh the LFS had royal tiger plecos too, and the sign said, "$49.99 each. Yes, EACH." :rofl

My tank doesn't have any brown algae, but there is lots of green algae. And the 3 otos I already have have big full bellies. They cannot keep up. So I got 4 more but 2 died :( so I hope 5 will do.

Must go look up royal tiger pleco.

Edit. They are sooooooo cool looking!

Edited by ashlee18

it wasn't today, it was yesterday, but I'm at my bf's house and we went to the petshop..

4hxslz.jpg

THE RED ONE WITH BLACK FINS. LOOK AT ITS CUTE LITTLE FACE.

x0xzjk.jpg

ooooh so pretty. and so inquisitive!

1epekz.jpg

the white one with red bits on fins! <3

it was nice to see that, although mislabelled lol and a little bit cramped for space, they were all in great condition, quite sizeable (all at least 1½ inches) and inquisitive. no dead ones or floaters anywhere!

I found two more otos at my favorite petsmart :D

Went to the lfs and ordered some crayfish

it wasn't today, it was yesterday, but I'm at my bf's house and we went to the petshop..

4hxslz.jpg

THE RED ONE WITH BLACK FINS. LOOK AT ITS CUTE LITTLE FACE.

x0xzjk.jpg

ooooh so pretty. and so inquisitive!

1epekz.jpg

the white one with red bits on fins! <3

it was nice to see that, although mislabelled lol and a little bit cramped for space, they were all in great condition, quite sizeable (all at least 1½ inches) and inquisitive. no dead ones or floaters anywhere!

Omg!! So cute! I need that red "shubunkin" with the black fins!!!! Please? ;)

I to did my shopping on-line, ordered 3 treat clips for the goldies, got 4 "Clam shell" fiiters, and a new LED light for the 30 gallon !!

Didn't get my Betta as planned as none in right now :( going back Thursday to choose one of the new arrivals though :)

Bought some more rocks and glass pebbles for Bert and Ernie's tank! :)

was online but I bought the Gold Buffer (1000g!) and two new silk plants because I'm not so fond of the ones I've got at the moment. gonna have fun aquascaping when they arrive!